Home

Once The Ball Starts Rolling....

This is a discussion on Once The Ball Starts Rolling.... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #1
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

OVR: 30
Once The Ball Starts Rolling....

I've noticed this in both MLB 09 & now MLB 10...once you go cold for a couple games, you're in trouble..

I'm in mid-May, and managed to take 2 out of 3 from the Cubs (while batting .216 in the series, which sent my offense into a downward spiral). Then, promptly went into Pittsburgh, and got swept by the Pirates, while scoring 4 runs in the 3 games. Came back home, and proceeded to get swept by the Cardinals (scored a good many runs, but my pitching, which has been my strength all season, didn't show up).

This 6 game losing streak knocked me from 2nd place in the division (behind the Brewers by 2.5 games), down to 4th place, and 6.5 games back.

Now, I must say...I love this. I don't know if it's something programmed into the game, but I love that it happens...where once your pitching or offense start to fall apart, it takes a while to get back on track.

Anyone else been through stretches like this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 09:56 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Once The Ball Starts Rolling....

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0rmb11
I've noticed this in both MLB 09 & now MLB 10...once you go cold for a couple games, you're in trouble..

I'm in mid-May, and managed to take 2 out of 3 from the Cubs (while batting .216 in the series, which sent my offense into a downward spiral). Then, promptly went into Pittsburgh, and got swept by the Pirates, while scoring 4 runs in the 3 games. Came back home, and proceeded to get swept by the Cardinals (scored a good many runs, but my pitching, which has been my strength all season, didn't show up).

This 6 game losing streak knocked me from 2nd place in the division (behind the Brewers by 2.5 games), down to 4th place, and 6.5 games back.

Now, I must say...I love this. I don't know if it's something programmed into the game, but I love that it happens...where once your pitching or offense start to fall apart, it takes a while to get back on track.

Although very frustrating I love this as well. Just makes this game that more realistic.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

ask the Padres how it feels with their recent skid
Old 09-07-2010, 11:05 AM   #4
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

OVR: 30

ended the skid with a walk off win against Milwaukee, then turned around and got beat 8-2 in the 2nd game of the series...had to make some roster changes after the game..sent Harang and Burton down, brought up Homer Bailey and Jordan Smith.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:37 AM   #5
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

I am playing in franchise mode with the Braves. My record is 12-29, but I love the challenge of playing chase down the division.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0rmb11

agreed
Old 09-09-2010, 07:23 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

On one of my RTTS guys I started out the year with barely getting .115 at the plate and knew I was a game or two away from getting sent back down when I went on a 30 game hit streak with about 17 being multi-hit games. Then I went from AAA to the Majors and lost my hit streak as pitch hitter and went 0-45 as no matter what I just couldn't seem to get a hit. I did get 20 RBIs but none were sacrifices. Got sent down and now have a 34 game hit streak going. Just got called up before I turned it off last night and don't want to play RTTS I am afraid I will go on another horrible streak.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:34 PM   #8
Rookie

edm18's Arena

OVR: 5

I really hope so. I started 1-6 (felt like 1 and 80) in my current season before winning my last game in 15 innings, on a walk off 3 run HR. I'm now 2-6. but hopefully I get hot. It almost felt like that last game was a must win, in April! lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »