Home

Blocked punts/FG's

This is a discussion on Blocked punts/FG's within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-06-2010, 11:13 PM   #1
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17
Blocked punts/FG's

Simple question:

How many people have blocked a kick or a punt in this year's game? If so, with which team, who were you playing and on what difficulty?

Let's also expand this:

How many people have returned a punt for a touchdown? Same questions here as well, what team, against which team and what difficulty?

Usually every year I get a couple of blocked punts and FG's, and I usually am especially good at returning punts. This year however I haven't blocked any kicks and have only returned one punt for a td!

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 11:23 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Blocked punts/FG's

not quite on target with your questions, but a thought to add...

i think it would be cool if a feature could be added where the snap accuracy could be part of the special teams play. special teams are a HUGE part of the game, and there's been a ton of blunders already this season.

i hate the way madden now does this, but like ncaa's kick meter. but it would be cool if they could add a snap accuracy into the right thumb stick (kinda like the old free throw shooting meter where the ball would move back and forth and you would have to nail it on center). you could start with that and then pull back the thumb stick for power and up for accuracy of the kick... just my opinion...
Old 09-06-2010, 11:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have returned multiple kickoffs for TDs on Varsity and AA. Only one punt, on AA against FCS.

I have never seen a FG/XP point blocked ever so I am curious how you even do that. the only punts I have ever seen blocked are when the ball is on the 1 and the punter isn't back far enough.

I agree with the 2nd poster. The problem IMO has always been that there are no back snaps or holds and the kicking game is just automatic all the time.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:41 PM   #4
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
not quite on target with your questions, but a thought to add...

i think it would be cool if a feature could be added where the snap accuracy could be part of the special teams play. special teams are a HUGE part of the game, and there's been a ton of blunders already this season.

i hate the way madden now does this, but like ncaa's kick meter. but it would be cool if they could add a snap accuracy into the right thumb stick (kinda like the old free throw shooting meter where the ball would move back and forth and you would have to nail it on center). you could start with that and then pull back the thumb stick for power and up for accuracy of the kick... just my opinion...
Yeah that would be pretty cool. Maybe use two meter's and have the system work like this:

Step 1. Aim your kick
Step 2. Meter 1 runs that controls your snap
Step 3. After the snap you do meter 2 that controls the actual kick.

This would also make the kicking part more intense since it would cut down on the time that you actually have on making the kick, just like in real life.

WOO PIG SOOIEE!
Old 09-06-2010, 11:50 PM   #5
MVP

InspectahDeck's Arena

OVR: 18

I haven't blocked a punt or kick on this game. I didn't even block a punt or kick on NCAA 2010.

I have returned more kickoffs than punts because of the speed problems on punts. It seems like no matter the defender he will run you down. I have had LB's and DL run down guys like Travis Benjamin and LaMichael James.

I have returned kickoffs with Chaz Powell, Stephfon Green, Greg Reid and a few others that I can't remember. My lone punt return for touchdown actually happened a few days ago in my online OD with Noles. Lamar Miller took one back against Virginia. It was a pretty sweet play but ofcourse EA cuts it off on me to the last few seconds of the play.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 11:57 PM   #6
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman
Yeah that would be pretty cool. Maybe use two meter's and have the system work like this:

Step 1. Aim your kick
Step 2. Meter 1 runs that controls your snap
Step 3. After the snap you do meter 2 that controls the actual kick.

This would also make the kicking part more intense since it would cut down on the time that you actually have on making the kick, just like in real life.
yea thats what i'm thinking

Maybe implement Madden's kick meter as the snap accuracy/power (too much power means high snap risk), then NCAA's kicking meter as the actual kicking meter.

Special teams needs to be more of a factor in these games, especially NCAA. In college football blocked kicks/punts, returned kicks/punts, trick plays, missed FGs are so huge and happen every week yet in the video game theyre basically automatic and an afterthought.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:27 AM   #7
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

I blocked a FG twice. One with Oregon State against USC and other with Illi against Ohio State. Both on heisman.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:53 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 10

I would love if EA added something where your punter can bobble a snap or a FG holder can mishandle it.

They should add a rating for players that rates them on their ability to block kicks. And add a feature where punting & kicking isn't so easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »