Home

Increasing Model Scaling

This is a discussion on Increasing Model Scaling within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Increasing Model Scaling

EA is usually penalized for the game being not as smooth and not looking not as good as 2k which to some extent is true.... 2k is definately smoother but as far as graphics go they're neck and neck at least. You see the reason why 2k LOOKS so much better is because we can actually see all the details while playing the game while EA player models arent as big so it doesnt look as great as they should so i suggest that EA just increases the size of the player models so the details can be better shown just look at this:

compared to

The second video LOOKS much better due to the fact that the players seem bigger and you can see all the detail on the players...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Increasing Model Scaling

For some reason, players in the HORNETS game look so ugly, but the players in the MAGIC game are alright, I don't understand why...maybe is the camera or something???
Old 09-06-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

It's the camera(in game). It's obviously zoomed in for the Magic vs Heat video.

I wouldn't suggest they do anything with the player models, they look fine to me. Just zoom the camera in if you want to see more detail.

Last edited by FearlessKaz; 09-06-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
For some reason, players in the HORNETS game look so ugly, but the players in the MAGIC game are alright, I don't understand why...maybe is the camera or something???
i said the same thing. I dont know what it was but the camera or the way it was recorded might have has something to do with it
Old 09-06-2010, 07:35 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57

YOu know what the crazy thing is...He's Riight!!..they do look better..but that close even makes me appreciate 2k more..though the graphics look better..they don't look as good as live 10. But saying there there neck and neck with 2k11.............................................: spit: Let me drink my water on that one
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 07:39 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

i play on a big tv... so really doesn't make a difference to me
Old 09-06-2010, 07:42 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgthem
YOu know what the crazy thing is...He's Riight!!..they do look better..but that close even makes me appreciate 2k more..though the graphics look better..they don't look as good as live 10. But saying there there neck and neck with 2k11.............................................: spit: Let me drink my water on that one
I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder(lol), but I keep seeing some of you guys say this and it really baffles me.

What about Live '10 makes it look better? In comparison, '10 looks extremely cartoony to me.

Old 09-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #8
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

^^^^This is the first time i have seen live10 gameplay since looking at elites. Before i also thought the players closely resembled each other in both games with a few improvements but after looking at this vid the players are cartoonish. The duller look elite has actually makes them look better

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »