Home

Heres the problem with Crowd Noise

This is a discussion on Heres the problem with Crowd Noise within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 29
Heres the problem with Crowd Noise

This has been an on going problem with the MLB franchise for years, I havent heard it mentioned, so here it is in detail.

The volume of the crowd on a scale will say during a pivitol moment in a game (especially in mlb 10) is at about 5/10 while at the plate.
The bases are juiced and youre behind 5-3, you hit a hard liner towards the gap at this point you know theres a good chance its going to drop wheres the crowd volume? still at 5, the ball drops! volume still at 5, the ball is about to hit the wall - still at 5, and finally when a run crosses the crowd goes to about 9.
My gripe is the timing of crowd excitement is way off, always has been for the most part especially on the offensive side of the home team. This is one of those moments where it really feels like youre just playing a video game and are getting a little disapointed as opposed to sucked in.

Im not sure what happened with the 9th innings in mlb 10 either, the last few years you would hear the crowd get progressively louder when the last few outs are being made, you would hear faint clapping sequences and noise would pick up more after every out now not even in a playoff game...

Hope youre on the ball SCEA, I try not to complain but give insight on making this game the best it can be...
MLB 11 lets do this, ps Joey Votto Cover Boy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Heres the problem with Crowd Noise

This is one of my issues as well with MLB The Show.

I hope Sony will go full force this year and make the sound in this game much better and more like real life!

Just copy real life baseball game crowds

The sound should be upgraded every year just like everything else is in this wonderful game of baseball!

Last edited by Mr. Poppycock; 09-06-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:21 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

I also would not mind if Sony brought in a new PA announcer for MLB 11 The Show.

MLB The Show has used the same PA announcer now for years and its time for a new guy in the PA booth!

Same goes for the play by play and color guys!

Sound should be just as important as the graphics!
Old 09-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Poppycock
I also would not mind if Sony brought in a new PA announcer for MLB 11 The Show.

MLB The Show has used the same PA announcer now for years and its time for a new guy in the PA booth!

Same goes for the play by play and color guys!

Sound should be just as important as the graphics!
I believe the PA announcer is an in-house guy so they may be able to switch him up. As for the commentary crew, they are under contract and it will take their contract running out, more than likely, before they can think about a change.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-06-2010, 12:33 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Davis
This has been an on going problem with the MLB franchise for years, I havent heard it mentioned, so here it is in detail.

The volume of the crowd on a scale will say during a pivitol moment in a game (especially in mlb 10) is at about 5/10 while at the plate.
The bases are juiced and youre behind 5-3, you hit a hard liner towards the gap at this point you know theres a good chance its going to drop wheres the crowd volume? .. This is one of those moments where it really feels like youre just playing a video game and are getting a little disapointed as opposed to sucked in.
Speak for yourself.

I disagree with what you said for the most part, but you did mention something that could use tweaking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 01:06 PM   #6
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Davis
This is one of those moments where it really feels like I'm just playing a video game and getting a little disapointed as opposed to sucked in.
fixed for ya
Old 09-06-2010, 09:33 PM   #7
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

I agree with the op. I believe this is something that can easily be fixed. One area that I wish SCEA would in change is the commentators. Some new ones would give new life to the franchise.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

If my ears do not deceive me, I dare say the PA announcer is the same guy who was announcing the football games back in the Gameday Series of the PS1. I am talking Gameday '95 ish era.

I swear it is him.

syf

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »