Home

Been to a game? Post your experiences, stories, etc

This is a discussion on Been to a game? Post your experiences, stories, etc within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2010, 02:45 AM   #1
Forever Faithful

NinerFan1983's Arena

OVR: 11
Been to a game? Post your experiences, stories, etc

As the topic title says, if you've gone to a game, post about it. I'm curious to read some of your experiences.

I'll start with mine. As some of you already know from the other thread, I went to the Cincinnati/Fresno State game last night. It was a great time. We parked, a few blocks from the stadium and caught a bus over to Bulldog Stadium. So, we waited in line for a few minutes, got on the bus, and people were all cheering and high fiving as we were all getting on the bus. It was a pretty awesome experience getting cheers and high fives from people I'll never see again in my life. LOL

So, while we're on the bus, I'm just sitting there joking and laughing with others. After we finally pulled up to the bus stop, we all finally get off and exit the bus. As we're walking toward the crosswalk to cross the street, we see a nice little collection of empty beer bottles, cans, etc laying by the curb. Someone started a little early.

After we left, we caught a bus back over to where we parked, and headed to get a bite to eat and then home after that.

Here are some pics that were taken at the game. They will be placed in spoiler tags because of size.

Spoiler

EDIT - If you have any pics from games you've been to, post them if you want to.

Last edited by NinerFan1983; 09-06-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 03:11 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Been to a game? Post your experiences, stories, etc

I was at the UGA/UL game. It was boring, a lot of Sunday dresses and hot chicks. I would smash em all.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:40 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Went to the Western Carolina @ NC State game. WCU jumped ahead 7-0 early and looked like they may go up 14-0 until they made a stupid fumble on a punt return. From that point on, it was all NC State to a tune of 48-7.

The student section was pretty much filled, but the general admissions stands had some empty seats even though the game was technically a sell-out. It was hot out there, too.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:09 AM   #4
Pro

erich20012001's Arena

OVR: 8

I went to this game, way back in November of 2000.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/score.../100309429.htm

I was 8 and bored. But then everyone ran onto the field at the end and my dad rushed me out because he didn't want me to get hurt.

Then I went to USC-Cal last year. And that game sucked.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:13 AM   #5
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Last year I went to the Tennesse/Auburn game and the USC/Arizona game.

Few places tailgate like they do at USC. It's a sight that you have to see to believe. Stadium however that day was flat and USC played like crap and lost late in the game. My buddy from Colorado was most excited because he could see the Hollywood sign from our seats. (we were in the nosebleeds).

Knoxville was a whole other ball of wax. What a great experience. Tailgated downtown, and walked to the stadium. 106,000 or whatever it was screaming Vols fans. Even though they played like crap, the stadium was alive the whole game, and the fans were great. I booed the crap out of Lane Kiffin, little did I know he would return to USC a few months later. Karma I guess.

I've been to a crapload of USC and UCLA games including several of their bowl games, as well as a ton of SDSU games. Got to see Marshall Faulk rush for about a million yards vs. Pacific in 91. First game I attended was USC/Arizona in 1979, I was 8 years old.

Been to about a dozen Arizona games in Tuscon, and a few other SEC games and 4 games in South Bend for Notre Dame/Purdue. (Have a couple of Purdue alums in the family). If you ever get the chance I can not recommend enough going to see a big time SEC game in their stadium at least once in your life. There is no other experience like it, with the possible exception of Autzen stadium, another place I think every fan should experience at least once.

Still on my list
1. Lane Stadium, VT
2. The Big House, Michigan
3. The Shoe, Ohio St.
4. Jordan Hare, Auburn

Last edited by bkrich83; 09-06-2010 at 04:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 04:19 AM   #6
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I've been to many Virginia Tech games. Notables include last year's Alabama game (which was fun as hell, albeit Tech lost). I also went to the UNC game last year (which Tech also lost, and made me believe that I was poison for the team).

I remember my very first Tech game (at least if I'm remembering correctly). October 14, 1995, hosting the Zips from Akron, in a torrential downpour. Just awful, I remember the cheap poncho doing absolutely nothing, and water flowing in the stands. Tech beat the holy hell out of the Zips, 77-27. They ended the season beating Texas in the Sugar Bowl.

Also, clipped from the "Your Least Favorite Player on your Favorite Team?" thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Mine is Grant Noel, QB for the Hokies in 2001. I can pinpoint the day I realized this:

October 27th, 2001. My dad and I are in the student section at Lane Stadium, and the Hokies are playing Syracuse. 4th quarter, the Hokies are backed up in their own territory, which happens to be the student section.

Grant Noel gets the snap and drops back. From here, most quarterbacks would try to get the ball out. Instead of doing this, Grant seemingly takes one look at the pass rush and falls down in the endzone, giving Syracuse 2 points late in a game the Hokies would lose, 22-14.

After the game, my father and I went to Long John Silver's to eat. I remember looking out the window, complaining with everything I had.
I mean, seriously, just falling down?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 09-06-2010, 04:38 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23

Went to the 2005 UCLA/Oklahoma game and sat near the Oklahoma section.

The Oklahoma fans were mostly pleasant rednecks, but I particularly remember Rhett Bomar getting asspounded by Spencer Havner and Oklahoma as a whole looking downright awful.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #8
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

I've been able to somehow get free tickets to OSU's games every year I've been in college, and the team must know that I don't care about them and work extra hard to entertain me cause every game I've gone to has been close. One year the band tried to play Stevie Wonder and were terrible. I really hate watching non-HBCU bands do halftime shows cause they are really boring and they look like they don't know what they're doing. The script Ohio thing was cool the first time I saw it until I realized that they do the exact same thing every game. Oh yeah, they played songs from Top Gun one time and I wanted to punch someone in the face.

For some reason I got tickets to see a Duke/Maryland game a long time ago and I don't remember a single thing.

I've been to the Bayou Classic a lot.

I went to a lot of Wisconsin games from 4th-8th grade cause my mom was a student there.

Some random NC State game

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »