Home

Madden needs "stock value" as a rating

This is a discussion on Madden needs "stock value" as a rating within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-03-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Madden needs "stock value" as a rating

Call it stock value, or anything you want, it just means the value of the player, that would be a rating above a players age, and his overall rating. Towards trading him, resigning him and everything in between.

So heres what I'm talking about when I mean Madden needs a "stock value" rating. My 93ovr starting QB gets hurt in the 1st qtr of the first round playoff game so my 5th year back up QB comes in who is I think B potential, and I played great with him, 300+ yds per game, and lead the team to the Superbowl, and lost that on a last second play.

My 2nd string was 76ovr during the season, and the following season after his playoff run he was still rated 76ovr. So between his rating, and terrible progression by Madden 11 he is worthless. But he should be worth so much.

In real life if this happened to a player, his stock would go through the roof, and if he was a free agent he would get alot of money, think Matt Cassel.

Yet on Madden 11 his ratings stay the same, and if he were a free agent no one would even want him. If this was how it should be, his ratings should of through the roof, and if still on my team he should be major trade bait, instead of being worth NOTHING. Its why they need a stock value rating, something that doesn't effect anything about how he plays. And its better then adding another stupid waste of space "Old Spice" rating.

But this isn't something thats needed if progression wasn't a issue, or if you could edit players ratings during or after the season, to make it more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden needs "stock value" as a rating

i like this idea, similar to a stock on the stock exchange, so if a player is still the same player but played well (like your example of Matt Cassel) he will get a high stock rating
Old 09-04-2010, 12:38 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11

The reason why this probably wouldn't be a good idea is because the player would be inherently better than the AI, therefore the player could always get good performances out of mediocre players, and then use that "stock" to trade them away for stars and overload.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:50 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franchise408
The reason why this probably wouldn't be a good idea is because the player would be inherently better than the AI, therefore the player could always get good performances out of mediocre players, and then use that "stock" to trade them away for stars and overload.
My argument to this is, its up to the player. If I want to play on rookie and have all my scrubs clean up to increase their "stock" and trade them, ok. We can already rape the CPU in trades if we want. We can leave the gameplans at default and watch them suffer. Or we can play sim. Either way, it is a great addition.

Quote:
And its better then adding another stupid waste of space "Old Spice" rating.
Amen. EA values its relationship with corporate sponsors more than its relationship with consumers. Oh well Monopoly isn't just a game, and it certainly isn't illegal (when done in a certain way).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »