Home

Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

This is a discussion on Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-02-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

Baseball's pennant push is in full swing, and several teams are feverishly trying to claw their way to a division title. For those of us whose teams have already been eliminated from postseason consideration (my beloved Tigers included), the only baseball we really have to look forward to right now is next season's entry of Sony's stellar MLB: The Show franchise. While this year's title was an excellent addition to the series, there are definitely some nagging issues holding the game back from the elusive "GOAT" status.

With plenty of time still left in this year's development cycle, I figured I would put together a couple critical aspects of the game that should be altered for the upcoming season.

Read More - Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
Rookie

Dannyray64's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Four Keys to Success for MLB '11: The Show

I like the playoff mode idea. What the game really needs is a create a stadium and create a team mode.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

I have to applaud the passion here, but I'm hung up on one thing.

I've read discussion on this quite a bit, from SEVERAL experienced users, but I just don't get it. Could the hitting system use some tweaking? Yes, but not an overhaul.

Big leaguers hit well timed pitches into gloves all of the time. I emphatically disagree that just because the PCI is dead on the ball, and timing says "superb", that a basehit should be all but guarenteed.

I hit on legend, and my team batting average .280. If anything, next year's game may reflect a less offense oriented league, as mirrored by this year's real life pitch-fest. I look forward to this, myself.

Otherwise, great ideas my friend.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 09-02-2010 at 07:34 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I love the save auto-load idea. I hope the quality control is better next year too. The proposed trade save bug killed MLB 10 for me because I didn't feel like starting over and my MLB 09 franchise was solid.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
In the spirit of the play-off mode. I think its a wonderful idea. In that vain, I have seen the WS celebration of The Show. They really missed the boat here in that, after playing 162 games and getting through to the promised land. The WS celebration is sadly lacking. They need to kick this up more than a few notches, IMO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 08:13 PM   #6
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
playoff mode would be awesome
Old 09-02-2010, 08:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesandvillians
I have to applaud the passion here, but I'm hung up on one thing.

I've read discussion on this quite a bit, from SEVERAL experienced users, but I just don't get it. Could the hitting system use some tweaking? Yes, but not an overhaul.

Big leaguers hit well timed pitches into gloves all of the time. I emphatically disagree that just because the PCI is dead on the ball, and timing says "superb", that a basehit should be all but guarenteed.

I hit on legend, and my team batting average .280. If anything, next year's game may reflect a less offense oriented league, as mirrored by this year's real life pitch-fest. I look forward to this, myself.

Otherwise, great ideas my friend.
I'm hitting 250 as a team and I am last in the league in the HR department on Legend. Hitting is rough for me mainly because of the high strike zone. I think the zone is too big. With guess pitch off its very hard to cover the zone when the CPU rarely misses their spots and everything is on the black.

Just my 2 cents
Old 09-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #8
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenGlove
I'm hitting 250 as a team and I am last in the league in the HR department on Legend. Hitting is rough for me mainly because of the high strike zone. I think the zone is too big. With guess pitch off its very hard to cover the zone when the CPU rarely misses their spots and everything is on the black.

Just my 2 cents
I agree that the strikezone covers far too much of the hitters chest. We're on the same page there.

.250, though low, is still within striking distance of realism. A good series or two week stretch, and you'll be back in business.

I'd like to be 2 or 3 hit every once in a while. I tend to always get my hit per inning. Though, I've played with teams other than the Yanks (the team I franchise with), and find overall batting average lower (along with low hit outings).

The hitting system, all in all, is very good. I just would like to see less of an emphasis on the Power attribute, in regards to hits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »