Home

How can Ea bring you Back to Elite?

This is a discussion on How can Ea bring you Back to Elite? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-01-2010, 02:33 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 12
How can Ea bring you Back to Elite?

Okay Guys lets throw it out there i'm sure you guys know me now, been making myself a nuisance around as a 2k fan, but like in all honesty how can you fans or guys that have begun to question Nba ELite from seeing those videos how can EA bring you back to the game that you make think about purchasing it again, what are somethings they have to show that will make you say Whoa,..maybe i miss judged this game ...

ALso shout out to sleepy trecel or howeve ryou say his name i'm not a member of the 2k forum but i go there alot to check the threads
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 03:01 AM   #2
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: HOw can Ea bring you Back to ELIte

All EA needs to do this year is deliver a fun game for me. I don't need the greatest animations or the most robust features just a fun game.

And the modes and features it does have need to actually work properly. That means a dynasty mode that has respectable sim averages. Or defensive controls that actually work properly and don't make me want to throw my controller.

My expectations aren't all that high for this game because of the situation that EA has put themselves in. So I don't expect it to be anywhere near as complete as NBA 2K.

If the dev team can deliver on the above they'll get money out of me. Probably not on release day though unless 2K11 is just a game I can't stand playing or the Elite demo just completely blows me away.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:17 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
All EA needs to do this year is deliver a fun game for me. I don't need the greatest animations or the most robust features just a fun game.

And the modes and features it does have need to actually work properly. That means a dynasty mode that has respectable sim averages. Or defensive controls that actually work properly and don't make me want to throw my controller.

My expectations aren't all that high for this game because of the situation that EA has put themselves in. So I don't expect it to be anywhere near as complete as NBA 2K.

If the dev team can deliver on the above they'll get money out of me. Probably not on release day though unless 2K11 is just a game I can't stand playing or the Elite demo just completely blows me away.

What situation have they put themselves in please deliberate....

Me myself i'm one just different from others and represent people that just likes a good game with good presentation but i think Ea is going strictly for gameplay
Old 09-01-2010, 03:33 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgthem
Okay Guys lets throw it out there i'm sure you guys know me now, been making myself a nuisance around as a 2k fan, but like in all honesty how can you fans or guys that have begun to question Nba ELite from seeing those videos how can EA bring you back to the game that you make think about purchasing it again, what are somethings they have to show that will make you say Whoa,..maybe i miss judged this game ...

ALso shout out to sleepy trecel or howeve ryou say his name i'm not a member of the 2k forum but i go there alot to check the threads

First off never mention that name Tercel to me. That individual is the epitome of a 2k homer with absolute no objectivity. The fact that he is a moderator for the 2k forums since 2003 renders his comments biased and useless.

Now on to your question. I never left Elite. Only a child would look at those videos and render such a rediculous asumption to a game. Let me ask you a question: Do you buy a car before you test drive it? No, you don't. You have to get behind the wheel and take it for a spin. Sure the car looks hot and in your mind you know its awesome but until you get behind the wheel, you never really know.

Well that is exactly the case with these 2 video games. Sure 2k is all pretty and shiny and makes your mouth water when you see it but you haven't taken it for a spin yet. Will it be a dream machine or will it be a lemmon? You simply don't know. Furthermore with the existing problems this game had last year I think I wanna see the CARFAX before I buy this car.

Now Elite. It doesn't necessarily look as pretty as 2k but what it has under the hood is a mystery and kind of exciting at the same time. But again is it quarter mile speed demon or just a loud clunker? Again we won't really know until we get behind the wheel.

So making any kind of comment about either one of these games is very premature. Once the demos hit, the pieces will fall in to place.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:35 AM   #5
Rookie

staffan's Arena

OVR: 6

You are referring to the videos and I really don't know what to think about them.
I will play the demo with a clean mind and take it from there.

I want to feel that i am in control.
I want it to be rewarding to make a difficult shot.
I want it to be rewarding to play good defense.

Last edited by staffan; 09-01-2010 at 03:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 03:56 AM   #6
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I'll play the demos and rent both games, and whichever game gives me the most accurate representation of basketball will get a purchase from me. Will it be 2K's robust number of animations and tried-but-true gameplay, or will it be Elite's responsive controls and real-time physics? Won't know until I play them. You just can't judge a game from videos.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:59 AM   #7
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgthem
What situation have they put themselves in please deliberate....

Me myself i'm one just different from others and represent people that just likes a good game with good presentation but i think Ea is going strictly for gameplay
Well that's the thing they put themselves in a position where it will be hard for them to have good gameplay AND great presentation at the same time.

They have rebooted the series so much they haven't given themselves an identity to fall back on. So things like sig animations are put on the back burner because they are too busy with trying to establish fundamentals.

Most people's definition of gameplay is not just commentary and graphics its animations too. EA for the last few years has failed in those areas to most gamers they've had the decent gameplay but airballed it with the presentation.

So that's the reason why it seems like they are only going for gameplay because they are trying to establish the fundamentals that most games (2K, NHL, Fifa, The Show, etc.) figured 3 or 4 years ago.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:12 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 25

Signature stuff all over the place, quality and quantity of animations. Those are the two most important aspects to draw me. However, it won't happen as the competition won't sit on its hands. They constantly tweak, better, add and polish their title. It takes years to achieve such beatifully animated game as Take Two's. So that's why EA will never catch up imo.
Unfortunately, I can't stand the way EA's basketball moves and looks in motion.

I should also add two more: depth and little things. Live 10, although a decent game, felt really flat after some time. The little things are self-explanatory.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »