Home

Need to implement better Dual-RB system.

This is a discussion on Need to implement better Dual-RB system. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-01-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
Banned

swhyte21's Arena

OVR: 4
Need to implement better Dual-RB system.

I pretty consistently have two RBs on my depth chart that are on par with eachother, and I also don't like to run one back 20+ times in a game, just how I play. But messing with auto subs, I still get too many carries for one and not the other, or the top running back disappears from the game nearing the fourth quarter.

I know I can position subs in the formation play window, but that is a hassle changing back and forth, and formation subs isn't consistent.

I'd like it to be around 20 carries for one back and 10 for the other, but seem to be averaging 27-28 to 4-5 carries.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 12:48 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Need to implement better Dual-RB system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swhyte21
I pretty consistently have two RBs on my depth chart that are on par with eachother, and I also don't like to run one back 20+ times in a game, just how I play. But messing with auto subs, I still get too many carries for one and not the other, or the top running back disappears from the game nearing the fourth quarter.

I know I can position subs in the formation play window, but that is a hassle changing back and forth, and formation subs isn't consistent.

I'd like it to be around 20 carries for one back and 10 for the other, but seem to be averaging 27-28 to 4-5 carries.
man I feel u....I'd like to even get two backs at least 15-20 and maybe a 3rd back 5-10 touches but I guess we just have to play on more minutes and constantly remember to package and use form subs.........I bet theyre cookin up somethin for NCAA 12(Mr.Burns fingers)
Old 09-01-2010, 01:14 AM   #3
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Formation subs are your friend. In my FSU Dynasty, I have 3 backs that I like to use, so I try and match them up with the sets/plays that I think they'll perform the best in. It works out real well and the carries are spread out to where I like them.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 09-01-2010, 01:35 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I do the same. I use Penn St. So i have Evan Royster #22 in certain formations, Stephfon Green #21 in ace spread and all shotgun formations. I use 4th string rb, Curtis Dukes #26 in goaline and i-form tight as he is a big power back.

Using these formations I usually get Royster 20 carries or so, Green gets 7-8 but also gets about 3-4 screens. most of his runs are stretch and draw plays. Dukes gets about 4-5. usually on 3rd and shorts and goaline.

Good thing about this is they all stay fresh, so more chances for broken tackles and less chance for fumbles.

If one gets tired or u want the #1 back in the game, just go to hb sub and he will come in on the formation screen.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #5
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm playing as Va Tech, so I've got the same problem. I ended up putting Ryan Williams in about 55% of my formations, Darren Evans in about 35% and David Wilson in 10%. But yeah, formation subs aren't perfect. Every once in a while Ryan Williams refuses to come out when it's DE's play.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've actually been having pretty good success running a two back system. I have a back that is an 81 with 91 speed and 85 break tackle, then i have another back that is an 80 with 98 speed and 80 break tackle. I am using the one back playbook. With formation subs i have it set so the speed back is in when the set has better stretch, and pitch plays. I think 6 games in the speed back has 30 less carries but still has one more touchdown. I really like how my offense is feeling this year.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #7
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

This is so simple, I don't see how you hate doing formation subs from the play-call screen.

Push the right stick left or right and you have the backup in.

I do this all the time if I have two even-par backs and it works great. I always have fresh legs in the game.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:58 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 9

I do the same and usually use formation subs and packages.

MY gripe with packages is that... sometimes the Right Stick just isn't responsive at all and it REFUSES to switch packages on me. It's so odd, happens a lot.

I sort of liked Madden's "quick sub" from a few years ago more. Hit the B button quickly sub in a player to a specific position or formation. I don't know why we can't really have both... packages and quick sub.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »