Home

2 Man Under Defense

This is a discussion on 2 Man Under Defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-31-2010, 12:48 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
2 Man Under Defense

I would like to play a defense with mainly 2 man under play calling. Some problems i have with 2 man under is that there is really no pressure on the QB, pass plays to RB's beat it a lot and also it's hard to play man at all when people to slants and out routes.

When i play out of a nickle 3-3-5 i use my LB who plays a zone over the middle, i either have him double on the Rb, TE or blitz.

Can anyone give some advice for some possible formations and packages to play with 2man under?

Also i don't know if it's madden in general but when i have an OLB D'ing a RB the OLB will always take 2 steps towards the middle going away from the RB then will go and D the RB after.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 07:29 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: 2 Man Under Defense

2 man under doesn't work in m11. It was killer in m10 though. You could put both safeties in the box, and still be good.

The receivers get open on middle routes far too much in 11.

i'd suggest running cover 2 zone. or cover 3 zone.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:10 AM   #3
Banned

Yea, i know what you mean the TE doing slants will always kill you. I rarely run Cover 2 because unless you have the right safeties you'll get beat with posts and streaks.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:20 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

its that damn LB false step. completely nuders any man defense. along with the fact EA refuses to fix the man align button and make it work the way it did on PS2/xbox.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:24 AM   #5
Banned

I thought it was just me and having these problems. Sometimes I'll do man align and the players won't even budge even though the ROLB is diagonal from the RB on the other side.

Your right about the false step i'll have to user D the RB with my MLB long enough for my other LB to get into place, it really is a big flaw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2010, 09:40 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
BStacks 08:10 AM 08-31-2010
Yea, i know what you mean the TE doing slants will always kill you. I rarely run Cover 2 because unless you have the right safeties you'll get beat with posts and streaks.
cover 2 in Madden can't stop streaks because the CB allow the WR to release to outside every time. In real life its a cardinal sin to do this. In cover two you MUST force the receiver to release to the inside or else the zone will be busted every time. it's just too much space for the safeties to cover.

these guys really need to hire some NFL consultants. heck high school football players could point out some flaws.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:50 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastwork
these guys really need to hire some NFL consultants. heck high school football players could point out some flaws.
These are the things about Madden that irk me the most. Receivers not working back to the ball against zones, DB's allowing WR's to get leverage on them on inside breaking routes, OL's running AWAY from the MLB they're supposed to be blocking, etc. They fix these problems with goofy, glitchy solutions like DB's doing the electric slide to magically intercept posts and slants, LB's that have 65" vertical leaps, and HB's that can break four tackles simultaneously.

Some people want an arcade game, and some people want a football sim, but most of us will play either one, and it's easier to make an arcade game.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:22 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

2 Man under works well for me, but I have to control the FS or Slot CB to make it work properly. Online, its lockdown defense. Especially Nickel Strong.... Its effective against the run and pass but only if you know how to control the safety to discuss the play pre snap.

And you NEED NEED NEED, at least 2 fast LB's to cover RB's especially out of the flats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »