Home

I've played it***NBA Elite 11 Impressions***

This is a discussion on I've played it***NBA Elite 11 Impressions*** within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 01:33 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
I've played it***NBA Elite 11 Impressions***

Hey Guys How's it going. I'm a long time OS forum follower and recently i got the chance to go to EA Canada to play NBA Elite 11. The fact that i live 10 minutes away didn't hurt either. I can feel your jealousy peering at me through the screen. Let me start by saying that this is NOT NBA Live 10. In fact, this game is unlike any other NBA game i've ever played. The sense of 1:1 control is something you have to feel in order to believe. It really is true what rEAnimator has been preaching this whole time. Now let me tell you about what i experienced.

Offense

This game is a chess match. There is no better way to put it. The fact that there is so much control really shines when you got two people playing that really know the game. I saw this as rEAnimator and another "dude" (sorry forgot his name) went at it. For every offensive move there is a defensive counter. The dribbling in ELITE 11 is similar to Live 10 in that you have complete control. The difference is that each hand uniquely controls the ball. This is an absolute blast to play around with and you truly feel the freedom in creating moves. Shooting has been touched on here and there and let me settle this. This is the ONLY NBA game that rewards you for putting the time in to practice your favourite stars form. It really is a rewarding experience. The post game is definately an area where the chess match is even more prevalent. It feels like there are an infinite amount of moves and counters. I did this crazy double pump fake baseline to a running hook middle. The fact that i controlled each bit and didnt just tap buttons for an animation to carry out was so rewarding and really fun.

Defense

Physicality and bodying up. Those are the two things that stuck in my head coming away from playing the game. The sheer amount of bumping and pushing(not harmfully of course) really made defense fun. The on ball aspect was definitely my favorite. Being able to shuffle your feet, cut off the defender and push him back was something i really hadn't felt in an NBA game before. This is probably due to RTP always judging the angles and momentum. Boxing out was another aspect i was impressed with. It didn't feel like i was locked in to an animation. It felt like i had to push and shove to gain ground to snatch a board. The blocking was another completely satisfying experience in the way that it was all user controlled and user timed. rEAnimator made me look stupid on a couple occasions by giving me the good old fashion pump fake. Defense really matters in this game and you will be able to feel that for yourself when the demo drops.

Presentation
Overall the graphics seemed fine to me. The colours really popped out and the lighting was impressive. Now this is where we come to a little bit of a controversy. Reading up on the impressions and seeing the videos released from the Boost Mobile event, many of you complained about "herky-jerky" "spastic" movements. I got to say although every thing wasn't perfect and there were some weird moments here and there, those videos are of no represenatation to what the game actually plays like. Thinking back on it more, i came up with one conclusion. When you are watching those videos, your WATCHING and not playing. When you actually have the controller in your hand and are thinking of the moves o execute you don't play so much attention to the movements as you do the outcome of your controller input. When you are playing your mind is so focused on conjuring up a play or iso with a player that your mind focuses on the moves and not the vision aspect of the game. This is something that is kinda hard to explain but you'll understand once you download the demo and try it for yourself.

In all, my time at EA Canada was very enjoyable rEAnimator and all the developement team and staff put so much into this game that it disappoints me so many of you are already writing it off before you play it. After all this is a videogame and not a movie. Hands down, NBA ELITE 11 is something different. If your like me and like to use your head to hear your opponents crying on their headsets this game is for you. If you just like to push buttons and dunk over 4 guys then ya, its not. If i can say one thing it's this. NBA Elite is the most innovative gaming experience controller input wise ever. If that made any sense. I can't wait to get my hands on the game. I have to wait just like you guys and it's Killing me!

I'm open to take any questions but ***please make sure i've answered the question above you before asking me something else.***
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 01:40 AM   #2
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: I've played it***NBA Elite 11 Impressions***

Did you break into the building or something?
Old 08-30-2010, 01:41 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

can you give your thoughts on the commentary and other presentation elements?
Old 08-30-2010, 01:44 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
Did you break into the building or something?
Noooo lol man i'm laughing on the floor on that one.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:46 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmix411
can you give your thoughts on the commentary and other presentation elements?
I would say not much has changed from NBA Live 10. There are some nice presentation elements like the ESPN logo being swiped around. The commentary seems fine in my opinion. Hearing the trio of Mark Jackson, Jeff Van Gundy and Mike Breen really bring the game to life and give it that broadcast feel. Just like watching an ESPN Game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 01:53 AM   #6
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA_Elite
Noooo lol man i'm laughing on the floor on that one.

No really... who are you?
Old 08-30-2010, 01:56 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
No really... who are you?
I'm just an average guy who lives really close to the EA Canada building and one of my good friends growing up works there. He does the online menus for FIFA. He talked to the NBA Elite staff and they arranged to show me the game. I don't know if i'm just really lucky or what
Old 08-30-2010, 01:56 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

This seems really strange... i hope this isn't someone from EA!!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »