Home

Post Patch AA Sliders that return game to out of box feel

This is a discussion on Post Patch AA Sliders that return game to out of box feel within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-29-2010, 05:21 PM   #1
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
Post Patch AA Sliders that return game to out of box feel

Guys-

Fist off let me state that I do not like making slider tweaks. Since patch 2 and tuner set 2, default AA has become a mess. The cpu run game is non existent, user slants against cpu zones are unstoppable, and the general feel to me is that the game has lost much of it's challenge on AA that was presented pre patch.

After making the leap to Hesiman and noticing that no amount of slider tweaking ever gave me an experience that was close to default AA, I decided to do some experimentation with AA slider tweaks. I'm happy to say that after many hours of testing, I believe I have found a slider set that plays almost identical to the way the game did on AA out of the box.

I encourage you guys to play some games with this slider set and let me know your thoughts. Just a heads up, my primary reasons for the slider tweaks were to increase the cpu run game.effectiveness, and make the cpu play more aggressively in terms of pass defense. I did not touch any of the penalty, or kicking sliders as I largely do not have issues with those aspects of the game.

Here are the sliders that bring the game back to default AA settings in my experience. (HUM/CPU)

QB ACC (40/45) I've found that if you lower the cpu accuracy lower than 45, he won't take many shots downfield, instead relying on short dump offs- actually increasing his completion percentage.

PASS BLOCK (50/50)
WR CATCH (40/50) At 40 your WR's will drop the appropriate amount of passes- most when getting clocked by a defender over the middle or when a defender gets position.

RB ABILITY (50/55) cpu at 55 gives a realistic amount of blocked tackles. Guys like Ingram are monsters to take down at times, but that is realistic to me. Scruns will still play like scrubs.

RUN BLOCK (50/100) At 100 the cpu will break off some big runs. In a game against Wisconsin- where I was BYU, Clay tore off 134 yards on me on 19 carries, and had 3 TD's. There is really no cheesy feeling to the cpu run blocking on this setting on AA- unlike Heisman. Best part is that teams that run will run successfully on these settings while teams that are pass happy will still muster some solid run numbers to challenge the user.

PASS COV (45/50) I found that human D at 50 caused the cpu to avoid going deep again or even looking downfield for opportunites.

PASS RUSH (50/50)

INT (35/55)The INT slider seems to play a bigger role in the cpu playing defense than the cpu pass coverage slider. With the cpu at 55 you won't be able to cheese slant routes all day long, and the cpu will jump lazy routes/passes. The best part about this is that it keeps cpu coverage mirroring to a minimum while making passing against good cpu defenses (Florida) really challenging.

RUSH D (50/50)
TACKLING (50/50)
FG POWER (50/50)
FG ACC (50/50)
PUNT POWER (50/50)
PUNT ACC (50/50)
KICKOFF PWR (50/50)

Hope you all enjoy and please leave your results. No slider set makes everyone happy, but hopefully this can act as a base set for those who loved default AA until the next patch hits.[/b]

Last edited by Bumble14; 08-29-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 06:22 PM   #2
Rookie

minister's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Post Patch AA Sliders that return game to out of box feel

What is your speed and threshhold set, all defult?
John 3:16
Old 08-29-2010, 06:34 PM   #3
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

Speed and threshold are default.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
Rookie

minister's Arena

OVR: 5

Thank you. The only problem I am still having is getting the cpu to be able to run.

I just played Cincinnati (A-off) as NC State )C+ Def) They only had 44 yards on 20 carries. It played a good game other than that (forgot to write down the stats)

I just don't ever feel like I'm going to lose. The cpu doesn't threaten me at all. I tried Heisman also and found it to me at least a challenge but just not realistic football. Heisman just felt cheap in every way.

Do you think it would mess up the play of the game to much if I lowered the hum rus def to 40? Just wanting to get the cpu to be able to move the ball against my c+ def.

Sorry I did win the game 30-24. The cpu scored 14 points in the fourth quarter to make it close.
John 3:16
Old 08-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm going to give these sliders a try, thanks for posting. I may tweak them a little further because at a glance they look a bit too easy. In particular I think human run block is probably going to need to be lower, and/or CPU run defense needs to be higher; also kick power for user could probably be lower.

I've been trying Heisman with the scrub team dynasty I'm trying to get going, and at least with the sliders I was using, that level seemed completely cheap - RBs breaking 3 or 4 tackles on a single run, and my QB occasionally "randomly" throwing a pass straight to a DB even though he was planted and the receiver was open 5 yards to the left of where I ended up throwing. I wish there was a setting between AA and Heisman, but AA feels a lot more honest and realistic to me, even though I have seldom lost on it. Maybe the right set of sliders will get the job done. Anyway, sorry for the rambling, and thanks again for posting - I'll return with feedback.

Last edited by dalecooper; 08-29-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 11:48 PM   #6
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

Yeah, lowering human rush d could help out a bit. I'm noticing that a CPU teams rush success depends largely on their offensive style no post patch. For example, teams like Bama and Wisconsin will pound you regardless but spread teams will only manage 45 yards all game and get tackled in the backfield 10 times.

Pre patch the CPU rush game was smarter and seemed to react based on game situations vs what their offensive style dictates.

I'm feeling challenged at least, with my offense really sputtering with B type teams right now. I know all these changes will be worthless though oneatc 3 and the new tuner set drops.

In the future they need to make tuner sets like in NHL where you can play with any tuner patch that was released. I understand they can't do that this year because the tuner includes progression data, but we need the option to play with our preferred tuner. I liked this game a lot more pre patch and tuner set.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

These are just too easy. Pass coverage and threshold at 50 is just not a challenge on AA.

I've finally been able to give myself a challenge by upping the threshold to 75, CPU pass coverage to 75, CPU pass block to 75, and CPU run ability to 75. QB acc is 25 for both me and CPU. Finally, kick power is at 25 for both, while kick and punt acc is at 25 for me only.

I've actually lost games with these. And if you play a team that is rated much higher than you, it will be very difficult to stay close enough to pull off an upset.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:41 AM   #8
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by acermina
These are just too easy. Pass coverage and threshold at 50 is just not a challenge on AA.

I've finally been able to give myself a challenge by upping the threshold to 75, CPU pass coverage to 75, CPU pass block to 75, and CPU run ability to 75. QB acc is 25 for both me and CPU. Finally, kick power is at 25 for both, while kick and punt acc is at 25 for me only.

I've actually lost games with these. And if you play a team that is rated much higher than you, it will be very difficult to stay close enough to pull off an upset.
Interesting. Don't you find the threshold of 75 to be causing too many D lineman tracking players down, and backs/receivers that get into open space not breaking away?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »