Home

Old 08-27-2010, 10:21 PM   #1
Pro

HeavyHitter55's Arena

OVR: 10
House Rules

Currently, I'm waiting for the 1st patch to go through in hopes of fixing a couple of specific things in Madden before I start my franchise. But until then, I thought I would think of some Franchise House Rules.

Obviously, this is the first time I've done this (hence the thread). I know a lot of you guys have them floating around, and I would like some input.

Any ideas? (BTW,this includes any and all parts of franchise mode)

Thanks

RIP J.J.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 11:03 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: House Rules

yeah first thing's first

don't cheat yourself by looking at the draft guide/rookie breakdown threads..

well, unless you want to on your first draft

but it's so much sweeter to draft and find that gem knowing you scouted him/drafted him/your pick rather than looking at a cheat sheet trying to stack your team

imnho
Old 08-27-2010, 11:07 PM   #3
Banned

Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Lets see. For me, on defense I never switch players. I choose one player at the beginning of the season, preferably a rookie LB, CB, or S. Absolutely has to be the lowest rated starting player in one of those postions.

I never switch from that player until the next season and thats if I can find a lower rated player. So no switch rule is in effect during defense plays.

If I run across a play that the CPU cant stop, it ceases to exist for me. No exploits.

I utilize Ask Madden or the equivalent if I'm playing NCAA and pick one of those plays unless its an all out blitz play on defense. If that happens I go to select "play by formation" and choose one. I never do the "bring the house" thing.

I'm an equipment freak, so its an absolute must for me to edit all equipment to mimic what you'd see in a game. That goes for my team and the team I'm slated to play. I even go as far as editing teams that I never actually will play because just knowing that there are DEs in the game with RB bull facemasks on irks me to no end, lol. It goes so far that if I miss one and see a LB in the game with a RB facemask or some other ****ery, I will restart the game.

I never actively recruit (NCAA) or draft (Madden). I let the CPU handle that and the chips fall where they will.

I think thats pretty much it for. I'll post more if I forgot anything.

Last edited by TheCreep; 08-27-2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:25 PM   #4
Banned

Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Oh yeah, I alternate my games. One season of NCAA, draft the class out then go to Madden. Back and forth like that.

After my NCAA dynasty is complete, I create old school greats (or maybe not so greats depending on who I feel like creating) and throw them in the recruit pool.

I created Barry Sanders after my first NCAA dynasty. I wanna see if he'll actually make it into one of the draft classes and get back into the pro league. I always create them as freshman so its a long road to see if they'll actually make it.

I'm going to creat Lawrence Taylor after my next NCAA season. It'll be awhile though, hell I just started my Madden franchise. In my second preseason game right now.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:36 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

I posted this in another thread too. I will probably be making a list of more strict house rules whenever I start my franchise up.
  • No sprinting on interceptions and fumble recoveries
  • Realistic trades and signings only
  • No sprinting on offense when playing away games
  • User roster consists of 45 man "game day" roster, 8 man practice squad and 2 empty slots to simulate IR.
  • Practice squad must consist of players with 3 years experience or less
  • must use playbook for respective offensive and defensive coaches (i.e. if if Mike Smith is my H.C. or D.C. then I must use the ATL defensive playbook, if Mike Mularkey became head coach or OC somewhere then I must use the ATL offensive playbook for that team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
In all of the pre release CCM news people like Looman kept saying, "You might see a guy like Kurt Warner come out of retirement. Anything can happen."

He should have said "You will see Kurt Warner come out of retirement. That's about it."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2010, 12:34 PM   #6
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

I just wanted to say in regards to drafting:

In madden 10 I never gave EA money for the Scouting Reports and didn't want to this year. However, the fact that the computer sorts players by potential, you can't help but meta game the draft. After having multiple successful drafts, I broke down and bought the max accelerator pack and my drafts have been far more realistic. I don't even worry about scouting in the regular season now.

When I draft in Madden 11 now, the game sorts players by "projected round" and I try to look for the best balance between "need" and "best player on the board." I look at all the scouting data and try to make the best estimated guess I can when I make my selection just like real life. I'm no longer just drafting A and B potential players all draft long. Now when I get a bust it hurts, when I get a gem it feels good.

If you are not interested in purchasing the scouting packs, I don't blame you one bit. I would recommend you do take the time to scout a LOT of players though for as long as possible so you don't just pick out the A potential players and draft gem after gem.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:51 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I just wanted to say in regards to drafting:

In madden 10 I never gave EA money for the Scouting Reports and didn't want to this year. However, the fact that the computer sorts players by potential, you can't help but meta game the draft. After having multiple successful drafts, I broke down and bought the max accelerator pack and my drafts have been far more realistic. I don't even worry about scouting in the regular season now.

When I draft in Madden 11 now, the game sorts players by "projected round" and I try to look for the best balance between "need" and "best player on the board." I look at all the scouting data and try to make the best estimated guess I can when I make my selection just like real life. I'm no longer just drafting A and B potential players all draft long. Now when I get a bust it hurts, when I get a gem it feels good.

If you are not interested in purchasing the scouting packs, I don't blame you one bit. I would recommend you do take the time to scout a LOT of players though for as long as possible so you don't just pick out the A potential players and draft gem after gem.
funny you say that I made a thread regarding scouting packs because of the immeasurable fun and depth it adds to the draft
http://www.operationsports.com/vBull...zing-tool.html

like I said in the thread, it doesn't spoil the game for you, you will NOT draft all A-pot 85+ players but it gives you information to make the best available selection...

personally, never in the history of Madden have I ever done *ALL 7 ROUNDS* but with Madden 11.. I've gone multiple drafts now where I have selected every single pick all the way to the finish..

it's greaT!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:06 PM   #8
Pro

HeavyHitter55's Arena

OVR: 10

Nothing more? I really like Taranism's rules, but I would like a little more maybe...

I'm sure others would be interested to hear what everyone else's rules are too.

RIP J.J.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »