Home

How do you get sacks with the ROLB in a 3-4?

This is a discussion on How do you get sacks with the ROLB in a 3-4? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
Rookie

NFLfan80's Arena

OVR: 2
How do you get sacks with the ROLB in a 3-4?

It seems I can only get sacks with Woodley, but rarely any with James Harrison. Any good pointers?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: How do you get sacks with the ROLB in a 3-4?

move him to lolb?
It's been an ongoing problem. Sacks are rare on that side. I play the Cowboys, so what I do is move Ware to LDE in the dime and quarter defenses.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:10 PM   #3
Rookie

Yeah, I can't get sacks either. I've had him rush untouched, then the QB tosses it away at as he's hit.

I'm hoping they fix that with a patch, but I'm not all that hopeful.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm having no trouble... hmmm
Old 08-26-2010, 11:34 PM   #5
Rookie

cocacolaman's Arena

OVR: 4

what i've done is have them move out cover the slot reciever during the play call that way the qb doesn't move over the TE for the blitz, then when the ball is snapped I blitz and don't bump or cover the WR let him go. I usually use a play that calls for him to blitz anyway. But the LB must have fast acceleration high speed helps but the most important thing is accelerating that way he gets there fast to avoid the stupid qb throwing it into the ground etc.... that still happens but I can usually get a couple sacks a game doing it that way.

Sometimes bumping the WR helps out also then going in, knocks the WR off his route so he's not where the QB is looking so he doesn't throw it. Looping around the DE with a quick LB also works sometimes. Just have to have someone that is quick off the line. But it's hard as heck regardless to get sacks, but I've had some sucess with doing it this way. Pretty much use him to line up over the slot reciever like he's covering him, then Blitz instead. Works great in a empty set or one RB set so no one to pick him up to block.

Just my 2 cents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 11:53 PM   #6
Banned

Overload the side and sacks come much easier. Especially considering the only blocker left to stop Harrison ends up being a halfback that usually just gets ran slap over
Old 08-27-2010, 12:29 AM   #7
Pro

Move the dline and crash them to his side, the typical overload is the easiest way to generate pressure.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:31 AM   #8
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Yea the sides are very unbalance. The left side of the D can get sacks. But it seems the right of the D is useless 95 time when it comes to getting sacks. This something Ian and his crew need to look into while working the second patch. It's really blows tho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »