Home

Running in Madden 11

This is a discussion on Running in Madden 11 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Running in Madden 11

Guys, I need help. I cannot run the ball to save my life. Is there a particular way to use the right stick in order to run. Mind you, I am playing with the Bears and their line is horrible. Still, 9/10 times, I am killed in the backfield. Any help would be extremely appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Running in Madden 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo72
Guys, I need help. I cannot run the ball to save my life. Is there a particular way to use the right stick in order to run. Mind you, I am playing with the Bears and their line is horrible. Still, 9/10 times, I am killed in the backfield. Any help would be extremely appreciated.
Just slightly move the run blocking slider up. Till the point where you feel it is correct for your team or what you feel is realistic.

Start at 52, and then keep moving forward.

It has nothing to do with you trust me, so do not feel wrong for having to get the run game by using the sliders. Its not realistic by default.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:12 PM   #3
Rookie

Problem is, I am using Red'sfans sliders and a lot of people seem to be posting that they can run on them. I keep thinking there is a trick to how you use the right stick or line assignments. I could be wrong though.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:12 PM   #4
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13

Are you heading towards the gaps? I only use the right stick to juke or truck, when the time comes.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #5
Rookie

It seems like more often than not I do not even have a gap. On rare occasions I can bust through a hole for a 10-15 yard gain. I average 2.2 ypc in games which is not realistic. Could this be because I am using the lowly Bears? Their o-line is really not rated good at all.

I thought the right stick did a lot more when running up the gut. Maybe my skills are just not very good. I hate to up sliders when others aren't having an issue. I like realism and do not want to up them if it is an o-line issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 06:27 PM   #6
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo72
Problem is, I am using Red'sfans sliders and a lot of people seem to be posting that they can run on them. I keep thinking there is a trick to how you use the right stick or line assignments. I could be wrong though.
Maybe they're just not the right sliders for you. If everything else about them works for you, why not just bump up the run blocking to balance that out?

No slider set works for everyone...that's why there's so many of them.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:33 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

It's not you, its the bears. Matt forte sucks. You might want to hot route your tight ends and receivers to block on run plays

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 08-26-2010, 06:34 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2
Thumbs up Re: Running in Madden 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Maybe they're just not the right sliders for you. If everything else about them works for you, why not just bump up the run blocking to balance that out?

No slider set works for everyone...that's why there's so many of them.

Couldnt have said it better. Play around with the sliders to find what works for you.

Also follow your gaps and blockers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »