Home

Some help or tips please.

This is a discussion on Some help or tips please. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Some help or tips please.

I haven't bought this game for the last two seasons because it stopped being fun and made me put alot of hard work into playing and pitching only to have ****** circumstances come into play to give me a loss. So I rent the game now a twice a year or so to see if it ever gets fixed. I still have some issues with it and maybe it's me.

1. After playing a series and I win the first 2 or 3 I can predict exactly what will happen if I'm winning by the 6th inning (it's always in the 6th). How can I set the sliders so that CC does not throw a batter inside and hits him when I'm intentionally trying to get him to fish for a breaking ball in the dirt down and away? ?? ?? I had a 0-2 count on yes, of ALL hitters in major league baseball, Vlad Guerrero and we all know how patient he is at the plate. So I try setting him up for a fish but I end up hitting him on the head?? ?? Which slider do I adjust for this magical act?

2. If I'm pitching a shut-out, no hit type game..all of a sudden the umpire starts to call balls on clear strikes AFTER I magically hit Vlad. I'm not talking zone painting type pitches, right smack on the bottom square a zone IN. Then another top square TWO zones in, both got called balls and then a 3rd ball on a changeup low and in. Which slider fixes THAT? I set it to where the umpires make perfect calls but obviously it's there just for show.

3. Base Stealing, I give my base runner the command to steal the base seconds before the pitcher goes into his motion and KEEP pressing it so he takes the base..but no he decides to eat a sandwich and cookies THEN take off, of course being thrown out. Which slider fixes that? I've tried them all but it happens at least twice a game.

4. The BIGGEST problem I have is..my CLAIRVOYANCE. If I've won the first 2 or 3 out of a series then the next game in the series in the 6th inning I can call out exactly what will happen with the next at bat. Example, I called that Vlad would be either walked by ****** calls (or pixie dust base award) AHEAD of the at bat and it happened even though he was down 0-2 and we all know how patient he is at the plate. And I didn't walk him, I beaned him on a perfect, pitch meter pitch down and away with a change up, so I did get the "magic pixie dust award trophy" for magically awarding a base to a batter down 0-2. Next I called either an error on my fielders or more ****** umpire calls, 2 errors on my fielders. Which sliders fixes that because that one is the reason I stopped buying this game 2 seasons ago.

I'll rent it here and there just to see if the bs has been fixed but I'm not buying this again until it returns to how it used to be. If you pitched a good game you got rewarded not cheated. I don't expect to win every game that I pitch well but jesus christ "EARN" the win cpu, earn it by actually HITTING me with pitches over the plate not by umpire calls when he's been making great calls ALL game long. And by strange errors on my fielders that always, always causes a run or 2 to be scored.

lol at least there's High Heat Baseball mods for 2k10 on PC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2010, 03:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Some help or tips please.

Soo.........I take it you don't like the show??
Old 08-26-2010, 10:09 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I hope you're not a Yankees fan, because I would delete this post in a heartbeat. Just kidding.

1. I wouldn't throw a slider inside if I didn't want to hit the batter. I would throw it down or sneak it through the backdoor. And I just don't see Sabathia being able to hit someone with his change-up unless it was on purpose. (Actually, now that I think about it, the only times Sabathia ever hit people are when he actually intends to hit people, like Padilla or Pedroia.) You shouldn't regularly hit batters if the target is not right at the batter or inside, and you completely miss tagging the yellow line. Those usually come out as passed balls instead.

2. In my experience, umpires have a 50-50 call on a pitch that is on or right next to the line that separates the strike zone. If you don't like it, turn the setting off that allows the umpires to call each pitch perfectly. If you're still getting missed calls, that's a bug.

3. In Franchise, Season, Exhibition, or any other game that makes you play the team instead of the player, ordering baserunners to steal will make them steal only when the pitcher is well into his wind-up, generally in my experience. I believe there is a command to make baserunners steal early, but I forgot what it was.

4. I think this is a repeat of 1 and 2.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:09 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 6

To be honest, I don't connect with your arguments. Why don't you just keep playing 2k10 if this is
where your fun is ?
Old 08-27-2010, 02:47 AM   #5
Rookie

fullmetal2405's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah I can't say I have experienced any of these at all... As for the base stealing thing I'd say your problem is hitting the steal button seconds before he starts the windup. You need to time it. In my experiences anyway if you hit the steal button when he starts the motion they go immediately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 11:44 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

BeatTheSox, you have issues.. mental issues.. I don't say that cause of your opinions of the game. I say it cause you try so hard to prove your opinion. Mr. Russell, a guy that helps create The Show, said there's no comeback code. Deal with it.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:41 AM   #7
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Amazing some people are only capable of seeing what they want to see.

Now this is just a general statement and not geared toward anyone specifically... The thread will get closed (for a good reason) anyways...
Old 08-31-2011, 09:19 AM   #8
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Amazing some people are only capable of seeing what they want to see.

Now this is just a general statement and not geared toward anyone specifically... The thread will get closed (for a good reason) anyways...
Not to mention this was a thread bumped from last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »