Home

How high are your expectations for Fight Night Champion

This is a discussion on How high are your expectations for Fight Night Champion within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
View Poll Results: How high are your expectations for Fight Night Champion
Very High 16 25.00%
High 15 23.44%
Neutral 16 25.00%
Low 7 10.94%
Very Low 10 15.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 39
How high are your expectations for Fight Night Champion

My expectations are very high because the producers said this was a new engine and basically the first go on the Next Gen systems. Many people gave them some slack because of this but will the fans be so kind next go round?

They also have a detail wishlist we gather from various sites from the fans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2010, 09:55 AM   #2
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: How high are your expectations for Fight Night Champion

Neutral. I expect some improvements, arcadey gameplay and no stationary camera.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Neutral at best...I don't believe they have a team that truly understands the fight game. For all the trash Brizzo and everyone talked about Kudo, the counter window equals the parry. So they have lost all goodwill with me. That said, FN 4 doesn't deserve most of the hate it gets...I still think it is is a solid 8 with a month of tinkering would have been a 9.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:15 PM   #4

OVR: 34

My expectations are high. I'm very interested in seeing what changes they make to the core gameplay and career mode. I'm also expecting similar to what EA MMA did in the online dept.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:41 AM   #5
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6

Honestly I only expect an evolution, not a revolution. FNC will be about as big of a jump as FNR3 was to FNR4. I really don't see how they could go backwards from here.

They know the punch controls and mechanics need to be reworked, thus Full Spectrum Control...whatever that is

They know what kind of stuff broke the previous 2 games, I think the only move is in a more "sim" direction, so the game should be better with regards to stamina and countering.

They know the singleplayer career mode needs a huge overhaul, press release seemed to point towards major overhaul and innovation here.

They have shown they are listening to feedback and are taking their time, don't see how you can't be optimistic at this point.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 08:15 AM   #6

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Visualizer
Honestly I only expect an evolution, not a revolution. FNC will be about as big of a jump as FNR3 was to FNR4. I really don't see how they could go backwards from here.

They know the punch controls and mechanics need to be reworked, thus Full Spectrum Control...whatever that is

They know what kind of stuff broke the previous 2 games, I think the only move is in a more "sim" direction, so the game should be better with regards to stamina and countering.

They know the singleplayer career mode needs a huge overhaul, press release seemed to point towards major overhaul and innovation here.

They have shown they are listening to feedback and are taking their time, don't see how you can't be optimistic at this point.
That's a good balanced point of view. Not just with fight Night, but with just about every title's release, we tend to expect so much and only set ourselves up for being let down.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:14 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I wish my expectations were high, but I don't expect anything but another half hearted effort. Every time this series takes a step forward the next game takes a step back or to the side and never really goes anywhere. If they're releasing a game every other year then give us some replay ability. We're still playing a career mode with the same format for the last 20 years. Every other sports game has a franchise mode and after 6 years it's becoming unacceptable not to have one. Heck everyone else is adding a career mode ( be a pro, rtts, etc..) as well as having the standard franchise mode. When are we going to have that kind of technology in a boxing game?
Old 08-27-2010, 11:49 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

neutral-they have to show me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »