Home

Recruiting Question?

This is a discussion on Recruiting Question? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-23-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9
Recruiting Question?

Ok, I seen this issue posted here awhile ago and I trying to search for it, but I had no luck finding the thread.

I'm currently in Year 2 of my Buffalo offline dynasty and just started the post season recruiting. During Week 3 I only had to prospects left on my Recruiting Board and was #1 on the list of my targeted QB and #2 on a targeted G. I advance the week and learn that I've dropped to #10 on both of their lists, wtf?

If anyone could tell me what I did that would be helpfully. They aren't prospects that I desperately need but I would like to know for future reference.

Thanks
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 06:02 PM   #2
Rookie

Ricky Rowe Zay's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Recruiting Question?

Once you hit a set amount of recruits, it keeps you from over-recruiting. Its happened to me too.

I think the maximum number of guys you can have under scholarship pre-cuts is 84. Thats the most I've ever gotten to.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:06 PM   #3
Rookie

I don't want to make another thread so I'll post a question here, sorry Andrew. It's possible to add pipeline states through recruiting players from that state right? How many recruits do I need to recruit from a state to make it a pipeline, and also how many years before a state will become a pipeline?
Old 08-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmick4324
I don't want to make another thread so I'll post a question here, sorry Andrew. It's possible to add pipeline states through recruiting players from that state right? How many recruits do I need to recruit from a state to make it a pipeline, and also how many years before a state will become a pipeline?
im not positive but i believe it has to be 5 players from a specific state ... i also had a question about recruiting if u can maybe help me out ...

- im recuiting a qb who is currently a soft verbal to penn st but doesn't have an offer from them ... im only 100 pts behind and he does have an offer ... have i lost him or should i keep going hard to see if he'll flip in my favor ...
Old 08-23-2010, 10:22 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormnClone58
im not positive but i believe it has to be 5 players from a specific state ... i also had a question about recruiting if u can maybe help me out ...

- im recuiting a qb who is currently a soft verbal to penn st but doesn't have an offer from them ... im only 100 pts behind and he does have an offer ... have i lost him or should i keep going hard to see if he'll flip in my favor ...
What week are you in? I had a RB soft commit to Texas week 10 and he didn't hard commit. It's now the offseason and I have a legit shot at him. I would say keep on giving him attention.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2010, 11:12 PM   #6
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

Keep going for the recruit. I've been out of the top 10, but now I am second. One hundred points can be made up easy, and you might could even get 2-300 points with the right pitches.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:19 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:

I thought it was 3 in the past games to add a state...

But for your QB, it depends on the week and your recruiting difficulty and your school. On heisman, if it's the off season then i suggest putting that guy as #1 on your charts and give him the best promises available and make sure you call him personally. Schedule the visit early and give him the best visit possible.

My favorite promise is to "promise a game in the players home state" if he's in your state, and if proximity to home is rated very high or most. I also like to promise "solid playing time" and "no red shirt first year on campus" if it's a player i need and he values early playing time.

Question: Have you ever rejected a transfer because you were #2 on his list and he went to another school and then wanted to come to your school? I AM NOBODY'S SLOPPY SECONDS LOL
Old 08-24-2010, 01:37 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

It is 4 prospects for a pipeline state this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »