Home

NEW NHL RULES

This is a discussion on NEW NHL RULES within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-20-2010, 11:58 AM   #1
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Icon5 NEW NHL RULES

with the addition of the new nhl powerplay rule of not being able to freely ice the puck shorthanded without a whistle and enforcing of icing, will we see this patched into the game? we need to let the devs know. my source is last night's episode of nhl on the fly from nhl network. discuss
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NEW NHL RULES

Those were only "proposed" changes and were being tested... none may ever see the light of day even in the AHL. Although I do like the idea of 3 on 3 OT and the "hybrid" icing.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Not being able to dump the puck on PP will never make it. It had been proposed in the past and was shot down by basically everyone but the people proposing it... The new OT format seems nice.. but kinda gimmicky... Hybrid icing is not solid enough.. they need to be all or nothing.. touch or no touch icing.. none of this, its up to the ref nonsence.. will just cause more problems.

Even tho its less exciting... for injury sake NHL should probably move to no touch icing.

Besides that, these rules would never make it to the NHL this season, even the AHL would be a far shot if I am not mistaken.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
with the addition of the new nhl powerplay rule of not being able to freely ice the puck shorthanded without a whistle and enforcing of icing, will we see this patched into the game? we need to let the devs know. my source is last night's episode of nhl on the fly from nhl network. discuss
There arent any rule changes. They are just testing them out. There will not be any of these changes for the upcoming NHL season. Your source even sad that on the show.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:45 PM   #5
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20

They talk about all sorts of goofy rule changes every year that never happen. A few years back they wanted to change the shape of the nets to where they would bow out on the sides and top to increase scoring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #6
NHL 13 Developer

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
There are no rule changes in NHL 11 besides tidying up a couple of cases where things didn't work quite right. Small changes were made for the following:
-Correct offside calls where the player enters the zone before receiving the puck, gets the puck and carries it in behind him (should be offside, but wasn't before)
-Face-off positioning in a few cases, e.g. it is at center ice after the puck goes out of play in the neutral zone, it is outside the blueline if the team about the receive a power play ices the puck.
-Delayed penalty shots have been changed a bit to fix a few issues.

If the NHL does make any significant rule changes between now and the start of the season we would attempt to fix them with a patch, but at this point nothing is planned with respect to rules.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:10 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt_EA
There are no rule changes in NHL 11 besides tidying up a couple of cases where things didn't work quite right. Small changes were made for the following:
-Correct offside calls where the player enters the zone before receiving the puck, gets the puck and carries it in behind him (should be offside, but wasn't before)
-Face-off positioning in a few cases, e.g. it is at center ice after the puck goes out of play in the neutral zone, it is outside the blueline if the team about the receive a power play ices the puck.
-Delayed penalty shots have been changed a bit to fix a few issues.
Awesome!! Ya know I did notice these on the demo but couldn't remember if they were in NHL10. Good to see the offside call fixed, I know I was both the victim and the beneficiary of this in the EASHL a few times. The change I noticed with the penalty shot is if the puck goes backwards the play is automatically blown dead, right?
Old 08-20-2010, 01:22 PM   #8
NHL 13 Developer

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidchuck
Awesome!! Ya know I did notice these on the demo but couldn't remember if they were in NHL10. Good to see the offside call fixed, I know I was both the victim and the beneficiary of this in the EASHL a few times. The change I noticed with the penalty shot is if the puck goes backwards the play is automatically blown dead, right?
That is one of the changes. It gives you time to finish a scoring chance, but you can't regroup and set up with the extra man. That isn't an official NHL rule, but the letter-of-the-law rule felt very wrong to most people since the attacking team rarely seems to recover the puck after a penalty shot infraction takes place.

The other change is making sure that you get the penalty shot if the period expires. That should work now but there was an unconfirmed report that it can still happen so I'm not sure if that fix has a loophole or was subsequently broken by other changes somehow. I think it should work now and it is on the list of things to be retested (though the community will probably confirm it one way or the other for us before that happens). If it is broken it'll be patched.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »