Home

The Madden 11 QB Spy Glitch Needs Fixed

This is a discussion on The Madden 11 QB Spy Glitch Needs Fixed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
The Madden 11 QB Spy Glitch Needs Fixed

First...I'm not posting this thread because I condone this tactic. I in fact hate it and hate how people will use it to THINK they are good on defense unless something is done.

In Madden 11...if you hotroute someone to a QB spy assignment and manual rush through the A-Gap the o-line 100% ignores the rusher EVERY TIME. It can be a 3 man rush(including the spy manual blitzer) and the o-line will not even look at the spy.

If you try to manual rush the same way with a BLITZ assignment...the game actually handles it like it should. You might get through in an OVERLOAD situation but not a chance with just 3 or 4 rushers.

Please EA...if it is possible to fix this somehow in the first patch the game is in desperate need of it. How about this? In ANY defensive assignment in the game BESIDES A BLITZ...take away the ability to step forward immediately at the snap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The Madden 11 QB Spy Glitch Needs Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by deloz
How about this? In ANY defensive assignment in the game BESIDES A BLITZ...take away the ability to step forward immediately at the snap.
NOOOOO!!!!

Please don't let them "fix" anything by taking away more control. This is an o-line issue, not a defensive player movement issue. Linemen should look at who's in front of them, not just who's on the defensive line.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:30 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointNumberOne
NOOOOO!!!!

Please don't let them "fix" anything by taking away more control. This is an o-line issue, not a defensive player movement issue. Linemen should look at who's in front of them, not just who's on the defensive line.
You don't know what you are talking about. If your user controlled defender is in a blitz/rush assignment, the OL will block accordingly. If he is in a spy or any other defensive assignment, the OL doesn't pick him up? Thats a glitch and pure garbage.

They need to fix it so any defender, user controlled or not, in any defensive assignment, should be blocked accordingly when he is that close to the line of scrimmage.

FIX IT.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
You don't know what you are talking about. If your user controlled defender is in a blitz/rush assignment, the OL will block accordingly. If he is in a spy or any other defensive assignment, the OL doesn't pick him up? Thats a glitch and pure garbage.

They need to fix it so any defender, user controlled or not, in any defensive assignment, should be blocked accordingly when he is that close to the line of scrimmage.

FIX IT.
Ummmm.... Yes? Exactly what I meant above. Don't freeze defenders to cover up buggy o-line blocking.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Deloz, I think you've been playing Madden too long. You don't want them to fix the fact that the o-line ignores the the manual blitz? You want them to freeze non-blitzing defenders instead?

EA's o-line blocking method is to know exactly who on defense is rushing. It makes the o-line psychic in some cases, idiots in others. But let's get that fixed instead putting more band-aids on this wonded game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #6
zav
Rookie

OVR: 2

its not that hard to stop... just keep an RB in to block
Old 08-19-2010, 08:43 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Submitted it 2 days after the game came out to be patched. Not sure if it will be in the next patch or not.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
Deloz, I think you've been playing Madden too long. You don't want them to fix the fact that the o-line ignores the the manual blitz? You want them to freeze non-blitzing defenders instead?

EA's o-line blocking method is to know exactly who on defense is rushing. It makes the o-line psychic in some cases, idiots in others. But let's get that fixed instead putting more band-aids on this wonded game.

SMH no. You can manual rush until you're blue in the face with a BLITZ assignment. But assigning the spy to yourself and manual blitzing is an obvious GLITCH in the game.

Any user defender not in a blitz should not be able to sprint forward at the snap. I agree that it would be better to just magically make the o-line block it but I doubt that is patchable.

If you want to fake blitz....do it in a blitz assignment. I'll gladly sacrifice the ability to fake blitz in a zone or spy assignment just to cleanse the game of this garbage small brain tactic.

REDRZA!!!!! Where have you been on the other forum? I need your help on there. Alot of guys defending not banning the spy glitch in tournies/leagues if its not patched. You know I always like hearing an experienced tourney guy like you tell them how it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »