Home

Imported Draft classes translate the worst EVER

This is a discussion on Imported Draft classes translate the worst EVER within the Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
Rookie

bhackler's Arena

OVR: 3
Imported Draft classes translate the worst EVER

I thought last year was bad with all the QB's from NCAA coming into Madden with lineman sized arms but this year is out of control.

Everyone comes in with RANDOM equipment. QB's and CB's with full cage facemasks and stuff. Ratings WAY OFF. It's like Madden just takes the names from the NCAA file and then randomizes everything about each player. Ridiculous. Useless feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2010, 12:35 AM   #2
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Imported Draft classes translate the worst EVER

I'm noticing that the potential ratings for certain players are wierd. I'm not sure if high potential = highest rating, and if they are randomized or not. But right now Landry Jones is the top QB apparently, and Jake Locker is down to fifth, below Tyrod Taylor! Not sure if they change ranking from week to week. I scouted Jeffery Demps, who wasn't #1, but after week 1 he was #1 RB on the list, above John Clay. Mark Ingram is ninth. NINTH! Below Brandon Saine of OSU, Graig Cooper of Miami and Brandon Bolden of Ole Miss among others, including Demps obviously since hes apparently #1 now...even though Ingram is a BEASTLY feature back prospect. That's SO far from what they are rated in NCAA its unbelievable.

So far its scouted Demps' accelleration as 95. It may not be realistic (he ran a sub 10 second 100 meter dash after all and as everyone knows, that translates to the football field just fine.) May not be 100% realistic, but its close at least. Not totally random I guess. But still you may be onto something. I'm only in week 4 right now in my franchise though.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:56 AM   #3
Rookie

Woodcutta's Arena

OVR: 8

Looking at the first draft class I was very disappointed. Jake Locker running a 4.6 in the 40!!!! He might be the fastest player on Washington this year (he was his freshman year). Tyrod Taylor also ran sub par 40 (4.8!!!). How can Jake Locker go from potentially the #1 QB taken in this past draft (if he declared) to the 6th best QB in the 2011 class after having a huge senior season? College stats shouldn't directly translate to the imported draft class' NFL rating but absolute studs shouldn't EVER get downgraded.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhackler
I thought last year was bad with all the QB's from NCAA coming into Madden with lineman sized arms but this year is out of control.

Everyone comes in with RANDOM equipment. QB's and CB's with full cage facemasks and stuff. Ratings WAY OFF. It's like Madden just takes the names from the NCAA file and then randomizes everything about each player. Ridiculous. Useless feature.
Equipment can be time consumingly edited. QBs having lineman arms would be a bigger problem to me.

They have paid so little attention to this feature since next gen, that I wish they would just remove it and give us the ability to create draft classes like NBA 2K10.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:39 AM   #5
Banned

Okstatepokes's Arena

OVR: 3

I simmed a season and the Titans drafted USC Corner Shareese Wright number one overall. I lol'd. The only thing that seemed right was that JUlio Jones was in the top 5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2010, 11:57 AM   #6
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18

I have to respectfully disagree

I have noticed a lot of progress made with the draftclass importing from ncaa to madden this year

i dont know what rosters you guys are using

i personally started with block-o's (who are the best by the way) and then manipulated them to my liking

I had Jake Locker and Ryan Mallett as the top QB's (Pryor and Luck didnt come out)
Royster was top RB (Ingram didnt come out)
J.Jones and AJ Green were best WR's by far with a loaded WR crop

i could go on and on, but as much import-testing as i did last year, i notice a big difference, actually a huge difference

****also we can now share draft classes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!****
dont know about you, but thats freakkin awesome!!!!!!!

i will post some of my D-classes in a different thread at a later time
Old 08-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #7
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5

daniverson1973: What NCAA rosters did you use in that class?
Old 08-20-2010, 04:09 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

A little unrelated but how do the imported draft classes compare to the Madden generated ones in terms of talent? I've noticed there's a lot of 80+ rated players in the Madden generated ones, and tons of players with lower ratings but A potential. Are imported draft classes just as strong, about the same, or weaker?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »