Home

Have users tried to send our wishes to the NFL?

This is a discussion on Have users tried to send our wishes to the NFL? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-14-2010, 08:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Have users tried to send our wishes to the NFL?

Has this forum or another community/forum on the internet came together to create some kind of petition or something to send to the NFL to show them how much we want competition for NFL videogames?

I can't even find an email address or a site to email an appropriate office for this kind of issue. Can anyone post an email or web site that would deal with this type of issue, like to listen to the input or requests of fans?

Not that it means they would listen, but at least our voices would hopefully be heard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Have users tried to send our wishes to the NFL?

I thought there was a petition a few years back that had a few thousand signatures, but needed at least 100k or something. I may be dreaming though....

― Plato
Old 08-15-2010, 11:11 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 12

I sent a letter to Roger Goodell at the NFL office about 2 months ago. In my letter I took the angle of how the NFL is losing alot of younger fans because their video game isn't as good as the NBA, FIFA, MLB, and NHL games are. My reasoning is that alot of kids play games and if one of these other games are better then the NFL game, that they may become 'better fans" (more likely to spend money on tickets, jerseys etc. when they are older) of those other sports, so in the long run the NFL could be losing money.

Now I must mention that this is a different approach/view on the situation, and that I have no way of backing up these statements to Roger Goodell, but at this point it was worth a shot.

I think that a facebook site should be started and have a MASSIVE letter campaign. Just think if we could have people sending actual letters (not emails!) to the NFL office every day. What an eye opener it would be for the league office to have hundreds of letters show up EVERYDAY complaining about the exclusive deal. That is the way to get things done, in my opinion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 08-16-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
I sent a letter to Roger Goodell at the NFL office about 2 months ago. In my letter I took the angle of how the NFL is losing alot of younger fans because their video game isn't as good as the NBA, FIFA, MLB, and NHL games are. My reasoning is that alot of kids play games and if one of these other games are better then the NFL game, that they may become 'better fans" (more likely to spend money on tickets, jerseys etc. when they are older) of those other sports, so in the long run the NFL could be losing money.

Now I must mention that this is a different approach/view on the situation, and that I have no way of backing up these statements to Roger Goodell, but at this point it was worth a shot.

I think that a facebook site should be started and have a MASSIVE letter campaign. Just think if we could have people sending actual letters (not emails!) to the NFL office every day. What an eye opener it would be for the league office to have hundreds of letters show up EVERYDAY complaining about the exclusive deal. That is the way to get things done, in my opinion.

Yep, that's about what I was thinking, but I doubt it would ever happen. People are dedicated enough.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

The NFL doesn't make the games, they just give licensing rights to their product. And I'm pretty sure EA has exclusive rights at the moment, so contacting the NFL isn't going to do much.

Colts: 0-0
Fightin' Irish: 0-0
Leafs: 0-0

Follow me on Twitter for some good lol'z
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 11:45 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 12

What? The NFL doesn't make games? Are you sure, I could have swore that they do....Dude, come on now, no need to post obvious stuff here. Where you are wrong is that the NFL SELLS the license, EA just doesn't show up and say "I am buying your license and there is nothing you can do about it."
In short, the NFL is MORE to blame then EA for the exclusive license.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 08-19-2010, 09:26 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

check this out.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/boycot...20521747974934
Old 08-19-2010, 09:28 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Mbalmer is right, it's 100% on the NFL if you don't like the exclusivity deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »