Home

Do you think head coach will return?

This is a discussion on Do you think head coach will return? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Do you think head coach will return?

Enjoyed NFL Head Coach but will it return?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 01:48 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Do you think head coach will return?

Yes, in Madden 2012. If EA is really dedicating two years to franchise mode, then it better be better than Head Coach. If so, you can play coach mode and have Head Coach 12.

Honestly though, I doubt we'll see another one, and I doubt M12's franchise will have every feature head coach has now.

― Plato
Old 08-17-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Yes, in Madden 2012. If EA is really dedicating two years to franchise mode, then it better be better than Head Coach. If so, you can play coach mode and have Head Coach 12.

Honestly though, I doubt we'll see another one, and I doubt M12's franchise will have every feature head coach has now.
This.

I would LOVE another HC, but I simply don't believe sales were enough to convince EA to allocate the resources to make another one...but then again, how well did the original Head Coach sell? One never knows...

If Madden's 'chise mode is even 50% as in-depth as HC09 was, it'd be amazing.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 09-04-2010, 09:52 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Honestly I don't understand why they can't wholesale lift things from 09 and just put them in the franchise mode. Finally got Madden for the first time since my favorite team won their first Superbowl, and tried the Franchise mode and was mystified how anyone could enjoy that.

If they just take the draft classes from 09, shuffle the players and drafts in the 4 paths, changed all the names, and redistributed the future 50, they'd be golden. It can't be that hard to get Schefter or Collinsworth to talk even more as I am sure they just love doing that sort of thing.

The only thing I kinda like about Madden Franchise is the lack of the whole "real time" thing. I thought it worked better that way. They can just list all the free agents that are up for auction and other things that were normally real-time in some menu option during each week instead.

If this means it is too much to fit on a disk, make part of the game download upon online access. Hell, even if they just made the more complex features a 50 dollar download add-on, I would pay that price -/.

If they just don't want to record all those voices again like in Head Coach, they could just do some newspaper thing. Then players could even create their own draft classes that way too.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:

I also think this is the most likely scenario. Head Coach 09 was the deepest most addicting game I've played, and I would do almost anything for another Head Coach game. But since that isn't likely, all I can do is hope that Madden 2012 will incorporate what Head Coach 09 did. Not just some things. Not just 50%; but EVERYTHING about Head Coach 09's off season was better than what Madden has to offer.

So here's hoping we can get the best of both worlds. Gameplay of Madden for those who like it it, and deep strategy for those of us who like the managerial aspect of football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 12:22 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Where did you hear EA is dedicating two years to franchise mode for Madden 2012?

I hope its true. I have been looking forward to another HC, would settle for an in depth franchise in Madden.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:36 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobux
Where did you hear EA is dedicating two years to franchise mode for Madden 2012?

I hope its true. I have been looking forward to another HC, would settle for an in depth franchise in Madden.
A few months back they admitted that 2011 would see absolutely no Franchise improvements beyond the crucial stat-tuning because they didn't feel they could get what they wanted to do with the mode done in one year.
NHL: LA Kings
Old 09-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #8
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Since we are hoping M12 franchise mode is like HC can I ask if HC had player roles or character ratings. Big deal for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »