Home

The NFL Experience - All-Pro for Advanced/Sim Ballers!

This is a discussion on The NFL Experience - All-Pro for Advanced/Sim Ballers! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-13-2010, 05:20 AM   #1
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14
The NFL Experience - All-Pro for Advanced/Sim Ballers!

I have finally after testing since acquiring the game immediately at midnight on launch, developed the slider set that I am confident in starting my franchise with. I've labbed for hours in practice mode, along with franchise games and play now games for looks in all areas. I've looked at countless replays, trying to analyze why errors were made, or where play could be improved.

Not to say that I won't tweak a touch here and there, but I've got my base and I am going to start enjoying a franchise, rather than doing constant testing. This set is able to give that experience! Enjoy!

"The NFL Experience" - All-Pro, 10 minutes, 15 second Acceleration.
Speed Threshold set to 100, Gamespeed Normal. (If you play on other speeds/settings, you're on your own, and no - I won't try it.)

HUMAN:

QB Accuracy: 22
Pass Blocking: 80
WR Catching: 50

Broken Tackles: 45
Run Blocking: 57
Fumbles: 50

Reaction Time: 68
Interceptions: 33
Pass Rushing: 42

Reaction Time: 50
Block Shedding: 38
Tackling: 45

-----------------------------

CPU:

QB Accuracy: 48 (8/17/2010 @ 2:16AM EST)
Pass Blocking: 75
WR Catching: 50

Broken Tackles: 40
Run Blocking: 80
Fumbles: 50

Reaction Time: 100
Interceptions: 80
Pass Rushing: 58

Reaction Time: 95
Block Shedding: 85
Tackling: 90

----

Penalties: Offside-100, False Start-99, Holding-51, Facemask-49, All Interference-100, Clipping-49, Remaining Penalties-100

Injuries at 40, RB Sub Out/In 83/88. SPEED THRESHOLD MUST BE MAXED AT 100.

ALL edited 6:06AM EST August 14th, 2010. CPU Pass Accuracy edited 8-17-2010 @ 2:16AM.

Last edited by pokerplaya; 08-17-2010 at 02:17 AM. Reason: CPU Pass Accuracy back down to 48.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 06:41 AM   #2
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Re: The NFL Experience - All-Pro for Advanced/Sim Ballers!

The score does not portray it, but the first game of my franchise was a lot closer than it looked. I was leading 17-10 at the half, Lions versus Bears. On my first drive of the 2nd half, I took a handoff with Jahvid Best, and took it to the house for 68 yards, practically untouched. Then, on the ensuing kickoff, I blasted the returner, and Derrick Williams picked it up and pranced it in 14 yards for the score... I added another 3 yard TD to Nate Burleson at the end of the 3rd after a long drive and with a Hanson FG in the 4th, the scoring was completed. 41-10, but it was a lot closer than that, and played that way.

STATISTICS:

Passing:

Cutler - 15/25 for 221 yards (60%) 1TD and 2INT. Long play of 58.
Stafford - 19/28 for 227 yards (67%) 3TD and 0INT. Long play of 23.

Rushing:

Forte - 14 carries for 47 yards (3.3 average) with 0TD. Long play of 14. Bottled up pretty good, I usually give up a decent amount more than this in testing. Backup Taylor had 2 carries for 4 yards. Neither back fumbled.

Jahvid Best - 19 carries for 173 yards (9.1) average with 1TD. His long play was the 68 yard run, and he also had another 20+ run. If it was only a 20, and you take 88 yards off for the big plays, you have 17 carries for 85 yards, a very decent day - but still what I think we are trying to accomplish here. You want to have a solid running game, but also have chances to break the big one! As a note showing how things CAN be different, backup Kevin Smith had 5 carries for 0 yards!

I had 5 recievers with at least 2 catches, so a great spread - with Derrick Williams and Calvin Johnson both leading with 4 catches, Calvin having 75 through the air. 8 players in total caught balls.

The Bears also had 5 players with at least 2 catches, and 7 recievers caught balls - so a great spread for both teams.

Players in the front seven are dominating the tackling numbers. Suh led the way for me with 9 solos, 2 assisted and a sack. Levy and Follett (both LBs) were the next two leaders. Urlacher and Peppers led the Bears with 7 and 6 respectively, so this shows me I am on the right track as I am getting a ton more 1st and 2nd level tackling which is again, what we strive for. Tackle for loss numbers for the CPU were only a touch high on me and I probably tried to get loose more than I should have. The Bears sacked me once, and I got to them twice.

More to come, next game at home versus Philly!
Old 08-13-2010, 08:03 AM   #3
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Well, I didn't give up many rushing yards (16) to LeSean McCoy, but I did give up 85 on 4 carries to Maclin out of the Wildcat on end arounds, including a 55 yard TD rumble - while LOSING to the Eagles, 24-17 at home at Ford Field to drop to 1-1 on the young season.

Kolb was 14-26 for 180 yards (53%), and 2 TD against 0 INT. I was in comeback mode for most of the 4th quarter, so Stafford finished 25-35 for 310 yards (71%) - but his downfall was the 2 picks he threw (one a great play by Asante Samuel over Calvin) and the other still my fault trying to force a ball into Burleson.

I had a fairly decent game on the ground but nothing like last game as I didn't have either back go over 70 yards. Jahvid had 19 carries for 66 yards (3.4) with a long of 16, and Kevin Smith was 9 for 49 (5.4) with a long of 20.

Calvin led all recievers with 8 catches for 110 and a score. Best had 6 catches, and 4 others had at least 2. Strangely enough, the Eagles had 7 players catch balls (3 with at least 3) - but none caught by Desean Jackson (he was targeted thrice, twice long on breakups and another I broke up over the middle.)

Philly's secondary was much more involved tackling wise, with Allen leading with 9 total... Sims was 2nd with 7 total. I can handle that. Players from my front seven were again my top tacklers, Suh with 6, Levy with 6, Peterson and Follett both 3 to lead the way. I'm loving it so far, although it's possible a few tweaks could be made.

I am going to play one more game (but maybe not now) to determine if I should lower my block shedding for the human. I would not classify the Bears, and definitely not Philly, as passing teams, but I'd still like to see them run the ball more. Even though McCoy was limited, he was stopped behind the line twice early and then looked as if he would start rumbling - and Philly stopped using him. Jury is still out, but then again SUH is dominant on my line causing all kinds of havoc!

Either way, on default All-Pro I can score 70+ and win by 50 with the Lions, now I'm having amazingly fun games and can actually LOSE! I'm psyched!
Old 08-13-2010, 08:07 AM   #4
MVP

BCJMU99's Arena

OVR: 10

LOL! How can a score be "closer" when it's 41-10?? geez...PLEASE someone make some good sliders!
JMU Football season ticket holder
UVA Football, Basketball & Baseball

76ers
Flyers

Currently playing Madden 23(XBX) and FFXVI , and PGA 2K23(PS5)
Old 08-13-2010, 08:13 AM   #5
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Was that comment even necessary. Did you even try his sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2010, 10:13 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJMU99
LOL! How can a score be "closer" when it's 41-10?? geez...PLEASE someone make some good sliders!

Seriously grow up. This is a great community and I for one appreciate anyone who posts sliders. They are playing and testing etc...taking time to do this.

Do your research if your going to complain.

And keep in mind every player is different in skill set. And are you a cheeser? or a sim player. Do you exploit the AI on money plays all day so you can win? Or do you want to call a real game and get realisitc results.

So many factors go into your own individual experience.

I have been trying out many different All-Pro slider sets and a couple are seeming too hard for me...while a couple were too easy.

Tweak them to your skill level. These guys are merely providing us with a base set to work off of.

G-d bless them because in my life....I surly do not have the time to do this.

I just want to plug and play.

Thank you to all of the members here for their hard work on giving us some sliders sets to work off of.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:04 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCJMU99
This was uncalled for; everyone is trying their best and reporting back to help us all out.

With that being said - this does highlight an important issue. Many people who have posted sliders have said this as well: "The game played well and the stats were realistic but the score was blown out of proportion by this big-play and that garbage-time play, etc."

My point is, this IS a problem. If we are trying to get good sliders that give us good games, then scoring should not be so easy. Scores getting blown out of proportion should not happen nearly as much as it does. Scores should reflect the stats/game feel from the slider sets that we have put so much time into fine-tuning.

Every time I think I have a decent slider set, or the game is going well into the second half-BOOM! An onslaught of big plays/scoring. 10-6 games midway through the third should not consistently end up being 31-27 games. Big plays happen way too easily, and its hard to make both the human and the CPU throw more of a short passing game. Making the passing game more difficult via sliders almost always results in lower QB accuracy numbers. I'm actually thinking of maximizing pass rush and minimizing pass blocking, and then turning UP the QB accuracy (most have it turned down), and WR catch, but I doubt this will work the way I intend. I'm thinking of raising speed threshold somewhere into the 75 range as well...it just seems like receivers are way too deadly in the flats; another obstacle in trying to accomplish a short passing game.

Last edited by showmedabounce; 08-13-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:13 PM   #8
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

I gave these a shot and it's one of the better games I've had on Madden 11. And I lost!! Vikings beat the Chargers 29-27 in a game that came down to a missed 2pt convertion with 30 sec. left!

I don't change players at all during plays and used the Game Flow playcalling. On defense I play as a DT.

Here are the things I didn't like, but remember, I only played 1 game with these so take it for what it's worth!

* User O-line/FB allows a lot of penetration on rushing plays. I got stuffed in the backfield right after the handoff on about one third of my rushes.

* CPU QB had all day to throw despite tons of 3-4 blitzes.

* User QB got sacked 4 times - every time after play action where the animation didn't even finish!

I'll try a bit more - great work, pokerplaya!
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »