Home

Non-rotating Conference Schedule a Game Breaker?

This is a discussion on Non-rotating Conference Schedule a Game Breaker? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-12-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Non-rotating Conference Schedule a Game Breaker?

I just realized last night that the conference schedule (Pac-10 at least) doesn't swap Home and Aways for conference games when you progress into your 2nd year. I'm having a hard time wanting to play the game again now.

I remember a few years ago (2003?) that Big Ten teams didn't rotate which teams they played in conference every other year. I really thought these types of issues were a thing of the past and can't believe that it's an issue in a game this late in the series.

Its a real shame because the gameplay on this game was really really good.

Is everyone else seeing this same issue? Is there anything I can do about it? Is it a game breaker for anyone else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 03:06 PM   #2
Rookie

nstod's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Non-rotating Conference Schedule a Game Breaker?

My biggest schedule issue right now is that a number of teams in year 1 only play 11 games. If you're a WVU, Boise, etc fan, it's a huge deal, IMO. Not sure how these continually don't get fixed.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperclips
I just realized last night that the conference schedule (Pac-10 at least) doesn't swap Home and Aways for conference games when you progress into your 2nd year. I'm having a hard time wanting to play the game again now.

I remember a few years ago (2003?) that Big Ten teams didn't rotate which teams they played in conference every other year. I really thought these types of issues were a thing of the past and can't believe that it's an issue in a game this late in the series.

Its a real shame because the gameplay on this game was really really good.

Is everyone else seeing this same issue? Is there anything I can do about it? Is it a game breaker for anyone else?
it does it every two years. it sucks but its better than nothing
Old 08-12-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks for the update. It isn't perfect, but it does make me feel better. Hopefully they'll be able to fix it via patch AND it work without having to restart a dynasty.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

While the 1st and 2nd seasons are the same, by the 3rd season, the rotation starts.

Everything ends up off by 1 year (versus what it would've been in real life...but now it's all gonna be different with the Pac-12), but it begins to rotate properly eventually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
JJT
MVP

JJT's Arena

OVR: 4

I want to be able to move conferences I'm in the MAC and won the last 6 years, but never can move.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:34 PM   #7
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

After two years, it fixes itself. Hardly a game breaker.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
After two years, it fixes itself. Hardly a game breaker.
No, that doesn't mean it's fixed. Oregon State-Arizona State rotates so after year 1 if you play with Arizona State, you have 2 games in Oregon or 0 games in Oregon when it should always be 1 and 1. Two teams play six conference road games in year 1. Two teams don't play eachother at all which can completely ruin the standings. There are 4 WAC teams who play only 7 conference games. 3 Big 12 teams only play 3 conference games at home in year 1 and 3 only play 3 away. Two of the SEC teams are messed up. Notre Dame and Houston have NINE home games in year 1. Go play USC 4 times in dynasty and when 3 of them are on the road, tell me it doesn't matter. It's a huge problem. Just because eventually it almost sort of starts working like it is supposed to doesn't mean it's not a huge problem and badly needs to be fixed. If you want to do an OD with everyone in the same conference, the WAC, MWC, Big 12 and PAC 10 are all ruined in year 1 and the rotation problem does matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »