Home

The things that NEED to be in Patch #1

This is a discussion on The things that NEED to be in Patch #1 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-10-2010, 10:01 PM   #1
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6
The things that NEED to be in Patch #1

I've noticed alot of different things that I think need to be fixed, but obviously they aren't all going to make it in the first patch. Post some things that you think need to make it in Patch #1. (Be realistic)

Slow the CPU QB snap so we can make defensive adjustments at the line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 10:15 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: The things that NEED to be in Patch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampIsHere42
I've noticed alot of different things that I think need to be fixed, but obviously they aren't all going to make it in the first patch. Post some things that you think need to make it in Patch #1. (Be realistic)

Slow the CPU QB snap so we can make defensive adjustments at the line.

What you said, tighten Human pass coverage, and tone way down speed of AI passing. All passers throw the ball 589 mph. Impossible to cover.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:43 PM   #3
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

***Too many broken gang tackles by runners. Just saw the Browns halfback bust through seven Steelers who had him surrounded and engaged. I've had several instances of that, at least one per game. If I recall, that was a problem that was patched toned down after a patch in last years' game. But..it is back.

***AI QB's getting rid of the ball before what should be sacks. It is quite an epidemic with this game.

*** Kickoff blocking...as in there should be some.

*** this probably can't be solved with a patch, but play action and draw plays totally need re-worked...or at least have the defensive AI have a greater tendency to get fooled by them. However, since the AI seems to have its usual ability to know if you are running or passing before you snap the ball (a problem since Madden 2001 PS1) It is time that this get fixed. It really makes play action (what should be a big part of an NFL QB's arsenal) as well as any draw run....absolutely bad playcalling decisions. Don't know what it takes for EA to do anything about this, as it has been on wishlists for almost a decade. (Perhaps this would have been a better use of dev time than programming a virtual Obama-meeting in Madden 11. Just sayin').
Old 08-10-2010, 10:47 PM   #4
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Fix the NCAA imports or provide a guide so we can see what ratings we need to edit for the NCAA players so we can get accurate players.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:48 PM   #5
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Defensive reactions as it relates to locomotion. Locomotion seems to have done a number on the defensive AI, causing all kinds of tiny issues that are adding up to 56-49 games.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 17

- Alternative controls to the strategy pad (already in the works I guess)
- the ability to map the controls. I don't like having 2 different control systems between NCAA and Madden in a couple of instances. I've already taken a few sacks in Madden 11 trying to throw the ball away outside the pocket after trying to hit RB like in NCAA. I've got the NCAA scheme 2nd nature, i'd like to map the controls so they are both same for both games.
- Patch in the option for the traditional kick meter. Again, I think the traditional one they've been using (Madden 10 and NCAA 11) are more intuitive.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #7
Pro

Dino's Arena

How about patching a refund into my credit card?

But in all seriousness, can we please have the option to map the controller?
Old 08-10-2010, 10:56 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'd like to see a run-off of about 10 seconds after the end of each play, similar to NCAA, to simulate the time it takes to huddle up. As it is now, it takes less time to call a play from the playcall screen than it does to go no-huddle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »