Home

Old 08-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
Banned

jesse_8711's Arena

OVR: 5
3-4 Defense

Have you guys seen any improvements to the 3-4 defense on this years games ex. D-Line...LB Rush and have any of you franchise players found a way around converting DE to LB taking a major rating drop ex.. Jason Pierre Paul(Tweeners)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: 3-4 Defense

I think it's better online but remains to be seen against cpu. I played the Giants with the Dolphins online and harassed Eli like crazy. I hit him a bunch and sacked him 4 times I think. I also got a safety when the guy ran out of the back of the endzone to avoid the rush lol.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_8711
Have you guys seen any improvements to the 3-4 defense on this years games ex. D-Line...LB Rush and have any of you franchise players found a way around converting DE to LB taking a major rating drop ex.. Jason Pierre Paul(Tweeners)
I play with the cowboys and am three games into my franchise. One sack with ware so far and 4 for spencer. I have been rotating in my backup outside lbs for pass rushing purposes and have 2 sacks with victor butler. I've found its easier to get sacks with the lolb rather than the right. Jay ratliff has 3 sacks so far
Old 08-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #4
Banned

jesse_8711's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thssanders
I play with the cowboys and am three games into my franchise. One sack with ware so far and 4 for spencer. I have been rotating in my backup outside lbs for pass rushing purposes and have 2 sacks with victor butler. I've found its easier to get sacks with the lolb rather than the right. Jay ratliff has 3 sacks so far

are you using the Boys playbook and im still having a hard time getting pressure with orakpo and Pierre Paul as OLB (Fantasy Draft)
Old 08-10-2010, 08:33 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_8711
are you using the Boys playbook and im still having a hard time getting pressure with orakpo and Pierre Paul as OLB (Fantasy Draft)
yeah... i try to man up across the board and jam the receivers on third down passing situations. Usually use the nickel package that has 2 dt and 2 olb's rushing the passer and two mlb's dropping in coverage.

I have been burnt a few times though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I think it's better online but remains to be seen against cpu. I played the Giants with the Dolphins online and harassed Eli like crazy. I hit him a bunch and sacked him 4 times I think. I also got a safety when the guy ran out of the back of the endzone to avoid the rush lol.
I take it Dan Orlovsky was playing QB for him then?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »