Home

Saints Row: The Third

This is a discussion on Saints Row: The Third within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-09-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Saints Row: The Third

I thought there was already a topic on this as there had been that article saying they were going more serious with it but I couldn't find it. Doesn't help that the search doesn't acknowledge the Row part thus bringing up a bunch of unrelated topics.

Well there's a new tidbit today I came across it looking for a character creator guide as my SR 2 save won't load probably due to the HD transfer and I get to start yet again!:

Quote:
When asked why THQ had taken the decision not to release Saints Row 3 until next year, Bilson said:

"Quality. Look at the visual quality of Saint's Row 2. When you see Saints Row 3, it's the visual quality of the GTA IV universe. It goes up there. It still has the wacky, insane stuff. It's going to get really big and really loud in December. And as soon as you see the assets, the gamers will go: 'Oh, I know what they invested in. The technology.'

"The technology is brand new, looks spectacular, still has the fun factor to it - but has all the robust visualisation of any game on the market now. I don't think it was there before. It succeeded spectacularly in its audacity and its fun factor. Now imagine that in a more robust world with more mechanics, too.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=259226

As long as I can still throw strippers off the roof in slo-mo and jump down after them while shooting them and survive it's all good. (In other words as long as they keep the cheats ) Though there's the comment about it being "less gangsta" later in the article and the previous more serious comment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 07:30 PM   #2
Obey the Father!!!!

Eton Rifles's Arena

OVR: 25
re: Saints Row: The Third

From what I heard, they are making a movie out of this Franchise. I think this game releases in the fall of 2011. They have been quite quiet about it though. I think because they are trying to talk about the next Red Faction more.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #3
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

SR2 was great, can't wait for the third installment. If 2 to 3 is as big of an upgrade as 1 to 2, then we're all in for a real treat.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:06 PM   #4
MVP

duke776's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou23
SR2 was great, can't wait for the third installment. If 2 to 3 is as big of an upgrade as 1 to 2, then we're all in for a real treat.
Agreed. I absolutely loved the first two, can't wait for the third one.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:26 PM   #5
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Something or other about a contest winner here:

http://kotaku.com/5614550/this-man-w...n-saints-row-3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 46

from CVG:

Saints Row 3 is coming, people, and it's going to be less "gangsta."

THQ's Danny Bilson said, "We don't compete with GTA. We're differentiating even further with GTA with this one...The new Saint's Row will be less urban - it's definitely not about 'gangsta' anymore at all. And it's more fun and almost sillier and wackier and weirder than the other one."

Given Grand Theft Auto 4's practically dour tone, I think Saints Row playing up the silliness of its series is a very smart move. Let's face it: The Saints Row games aren't as good as the GTA games, so building on and highlighting the differences between the two series as opposed to their similarities is smart.

"I love GTA - especially the last one, which knocked my socks off," Bilson said. "That's almost like a Martin Scorsese cartoon, right? We are more like the Mad Magazine version of that or something. It's colourful, it's wild, it's fun.

Let's just hope that whatever non-gangsta look the game employs is compelling and that the silliness is close to as funny as Mad Magazine instead of just corny.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:18 AM   #7
Obey the Father!!!!

Eton Rifles's Arena

OVR: 25

can't wait. Wonder how much Sillier it will get.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #8
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

I was participating on The Row forums (official Saint Row forums) for several months as I was using the universe to practice my writing. If they listen to the fans, then I expect there to be the ability to configure your gang, your gang colors, and gang cars (instead of just selecting them). That was a consistent request over, and over, and over again on the forums.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »