Home

What's the goofiest play you've seen?

This is a discussion on What's the goofiest play you've seen? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-07-2010, 11:44 PM   #1
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11
What's the goofiest play you've seen?

I'm not talking about something that is unrealistic by any means nor am I asking about glitches -- there's already a thread for that -- or even bad decisions made by the computer. What I am asking about is goofy, wild, or just plain hilarious plays.

My best one just happened. As Central Michigan, I'm playing against Michigan State in year two of my dynasty. I had already picked off Kirk Cousins twice, but fumbled away the first INT. I'm up 14-7 heading into halftime, but State is driving. They're at about my thirty yard line with seconds left in the half and Cousins rifles one to the end zone; I leap and pick him off for the third time. I dive for the touchback, only to lose the ball in the process and a State player lands on it. Touchdown, MSU.

Man, what a wild play.

I apologize if this is not the appropriate place for this thread, and humbly request to be directed toward a better location for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2010, 11:50 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: What's the goofiest play you've seen?

LOL thats a good one

Long story short, I receive kickoff....fumble it, cpu picks it up and is running for a score I'm thinking "fuuuuu," I gang tackle their guy at my 10, he fumbles, I pick it up and run it all the way back for TD.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:51 PM   #3
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Threw a pass to Detron Lewis, but its batted at the line and intercepted by Aaron Williams. Williams dances around a bit but ends up getting tackled and fumbles the ball. Detron Lewis then picks up the fumble, but for whatever reason the screen doesn't switch camera positions like it usually does in a change of possession. Since I'm not used to this happening I automatically think forward will lead me to 6 points, so I take Detron Lewis and end up running him 70 yards into my own inzone where I run straight through the back and get called for a safety.

I know you said this isnt for glitches but this is just too goofy to not put here.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:41 AM   #4
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

While that is a glitch, what I meant by qualifying that was that I just didn't want this to become another "here's my random glitch" thread because we already have a thread devoted to that. It's strange (and a little scary) how one little hiccup in the code can cause something like that where you unintentionally safety yourself. Hilarious, but heartbreaking.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:06 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was playing BYU (me) vs. Pittsburgh. I was winning 35-21, but Pitt was driving. Sunseri hits a nice pass over the middle, and DeCicco catches it. Three steps later, just before the endzone, I absolutely destroy DeCicco's legs, flipping him in the air. As he flips, the ball pops out and my other Safety catches it in mid air. It was ruled a INT, lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2010, 11:18 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Playing Virginia Tech they run their wildcat. The play is a jet sweep throw back to the first running back. The second back takes the hand off and immediately turns and throws the ball back to the first running back, it hits him in the face and is a fumble that my d lineman dives on. It just looked so funny the way he took the hand off, and then turned and threw it right into the face of his teammate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »