Home

What Game Style Are You?

This is a discussion on What Game Style Are You? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: What Game Style Are You?
Default 13 7.22%
Casual 7 3.89%
Simulation 147 81.67%
Custom 13 7.22%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
What Game Style Are You?

Default: Kind of a hyper-realism. Shooting %’s will be slightly higher than real life, there will be fewer fouls, slightly more dunks, more and 1’s, etc. “Let ‘em play hoops” so to speak.

Casual: This is the setting you want if you like up and down play with lots of dunks and highlight moments. There won’t be a whole lot of stoppages and you’ll see higher scoring across the board. Arcade-style play is probably the best way to describe it.

Simulation: Real life stats. This is my game style of choice. With 12-min. quarters, you will easily see NBA averages across your stat lines. Don’t expect anything easy in the paint, you’ll have to work a lot harder and execute good basketball strategy to be successful in Sim.

Custom: If you manually modify sliders and settings on your own, the game slider will automatically change to Custom.

I already know what I am. SIM SIM SIM THANK YOU 2K
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: What Game Style Are You?

I'm a Simulation-stat freak and when I play NBA 2K, I try to mimic how they play in real life in the game and also try to achieve the closest stats as possible (shooting %, PIP, etc) So obviously i'm going to choose Simulation as the gamestyle, but if it still doesn't result in desirable results, I will have to adjust it a bit more so it might end up being Custom sliders. (hopefully this will not be the case and that the Simulation gamestyle is as realistic as it gets, gameplay-wise and stat wise)
Old 08-06-2010, 09:33 PM   #3
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

sim...i want to actually use plays for once...i hope in future insights it talks more about how the playcalling is done this year...
Old 08-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #4
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

Simulation, and if some adjustments needed - it'll become Custom.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 08-06-2010, 10:01 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

Well...it depends if you're talking about playing online or offline?? For offline, of course simulation. For online?? I probably think it doesn't matter what mode you pick...people will dictate however they want to play the game. So you might see a sir-dunk-alot playing simulation game and turn that game into arcadish simply because HE'S THAT GOOD!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2010, 10:14 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
Well...it depends if you're talking about playing online or offline?? For offline, of course simulation. For online?? I probably think it doesn't matter what mode you pick...people will dictate however they want to play the game. So you might see a sir-dunk-alot playing simulation game and turn that game into arcadish simply because HE'S THAT GOOD!!
Hopefully that just won't be the case, if Simulation is really harder to score in the paint. Even if the Lakers play the Nets you don't see dunks every other play.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:17 PM   #7
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

This is the wrong place to ask that kinda question. Of course everyone is gonna say Sim or Custom whether they are tellin the truth or not...
Old 08-06-2010, 10:28 PM   #8
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
I don't play online, but one way they can reduce the chance of this happening is by utilizing the scouting report they use to let u know your tendencies and stats to dictate whether or not you can enter any of the Game Styles present. And/Or they can let your opponent vote your style of play and when all is said and done, let the majority of votes decide what Game Style you are allowed to enter.

But if the game styles matter like what they said, then "cheesers"(or whatever u wanna call em) wont stand a living chance in Sim style because of the lowered FG percentages and the paint wont be as easy to score in as Arcade or Default.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »