Home

For those who play offline franchise in both Madden and ncaa....

This is a discussion on For those who play offline franchise in both Madden and ncaa.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-05-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
Rookie

jdmsi7's Arena

OVR: 4
For those who play offline franchise in both Madden and ncaa....

jus curious as to how you guys go about your offseasons. Mainly do u use the Madden generated classes or do you import from your ncaa dynasty? Would like to get some of your opinions on what you prefer and why. this is the first year I plan on keeping ncaa after Madden drops and I plan on running my dynasty and Madden franchises and want best possible outcomes. Thanks OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: For those who play offline franchise in both Madden and ncaa....

If I bought or have a friend who owns NCAA, I usually just have him or myself simulate the season, then import them into Madden. We usually get a few draft classes done at once, and just use them when needed. I'd prefer to have a little realism with some guys I know.
Old 08-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #3
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5

I always use classes from NCAA. I know the ratings, age, etc are way off, but the names is atleast right.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:30 PM   #4
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

NCAA Draft classes, just makes things more fun seeing the ncaa guys move on to the NFL. Also makes the NFL draft more fun.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:02 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I also import my rosters from NCAA. But what I like to do is have a separate dynasty that I only simulate to upload to Madden. This way, the players aren't influenced by my own dynasty playing. I also hate playing several seasons with NCAA, then just randomly simming a season just to get a draft class. So in my opinion, I enjoy just having one specific dynasty that I use solely for the draft class.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 09:12 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by osufanke
I also import my rosters from NCAA. But what I like to do is have a separate dynasty that I only simulate to upload to Madden. This way, the players aren't influenced by my own dynasty playing. I also hate playing several seasons with NCAA, then just randomly simming a season just to get a draft class. So in my opinion, I enjoy just having one specific dynasty that I use solely for the draft class.
I do this exactly too. I have one dynasty just for the draft classes, but after about 4 years normally I don't import anymore.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:16 PM   #7
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson8403
I do this exactly too. I have one dynasty just for the draft classes, but after about 4 years normally I don't import anymore.
Same.

Although I have a "test" draft class, and if I dont like how the ratings transfer to Madden, I will go in and edit the players in NCAA just so they will be better in the draft class.

For example, last year Bryan Bulaga was normally a 7th round draft pick. I boosted up his ratings so that he would be a first round pick like people knew he would be in real life.

Bumping down players helps alot too.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:37 PM   #8
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I used to always import but after last year I never will again. The Madden classes are better balanced and have more realistic ratings, I LOVE THEM. First round busts, 6th round steals, it's a BLAST to do the draft and then scour the FA wire for undrafted gems. The NCAA classes are always sorted in OVR ranking pretty much.

The imported classes, especially WR's and K/P will be a mess this year.

If I really want to see the college players I would just edit the names of some of the Madden rookies. Tried it once, but then I realized I didn't really care since it's all fiction once you start a franchise anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »