Home

Bowl Games Logic

This is a discussion on Bowl Games Logic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 11
Bowl Games Logic

Now I don't know how the Bowl Games are determined in real life, but in the game I got a "Huh?" kind of thing going on.

I am a Teambuilder team, and I won the MAC. I am now playing the #7 Big Ten team Minnesota (6-6 overall).

The #4 MAC team, Ohio, is playing the #3 ACC Team who is 9-3 overall.

The #3 place MAC, Central Michigan, is playing the #3 Big East Team, Louisville (9-3 overall).

Does that not seem wrong to anyone else?

SIDE NOTE: I went 13-0, won the MAC, and am ranked #9 going into the bowl game. I was hoping for an At Large bid into a BCS Bowl, but there are 4 other At Large teams ranked in front of me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 11:34 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Bowl Games Logic

Bowl games in real life make no sense save the national title game.

it's about matchups and who brings the most money.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

If you won the MAC, but didn't go to a BCS game, you probably went to the Little Ceasars Bowl, which also reserves a spot for a Big Ten school. As long as the Big Ten has a team eligible for that slot (finish 7th in Big Ten and be bowl eligible), then that's who you'll play.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:58 AM   #4
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Smash
If you won the MAC, but didn't go to a BCS game, you probably went to the Little Ceasars Bowl, which also reserves a spot for a Big Ten school. As long as the Big Ten has a team eligible for that slot (finish 7th in Big Ten and be bowl eligible), then that's who you'll play.
Correct. The other matchups are probably "At Large" selections. The game actually does a pretty good job of honoring the real life bowl game tie-ins.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #5
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpheje
Correct. The other matchups are probably "At Large" selections. The game actually does a pretty good job of honoring the real life bowl game tie-ins.
I am experiencing something completely different. In two years of OD, there hasnt been a single team from the Big Ten or the Pac 10 in the Rose Bowl. The Sugar Bowl hasnt had a team from the SEC in it either in those two years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2010, 12:27 PM   #6
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
I am experiencing something completely different. In two years of OD, there hasnt been a single team from the Big Ten or the Pac 10 in the Rose Bowl. The Sugar Bowl hasnt had a team from the SEC in it either in those two years.
who was in the NC those years?

in all my simmed season, the BCS bowls looked correct. for the Rose Bowl it was always Big Ten vs. Pac-10, unless one of those teams were in the NC. same for the SEC in the Sugar Bowl.

College Football 25 Team Information Spreadsheet
Old 08-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #7
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
who was in the NC those years?

in all my simmed season, the BCS bowls looked correct. for the Rose Bowl it was always Big Ten vs. Pac-10, unless one of those teams were in the NC. same for the SEC in the Sugar Bowl.
Does it matter who was in the NC? I am just asking. I thought that the #1 Pac 10 team or #2 if #1 was in the NCG, had the tie in with the Rose? Maybe I am wrong with that
Old 08-05-2010, 12:38 PM   #8
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Does it matter who was in the NC? I am just asking. I thought that the #1 Pac 10 team or #2 if #1 was in the NCG, had the tie in with the Rose? Maybe I am wrong with that
unless something has changed, the tie-ins are no longer applicable if one of them is in the NC.

for example: the #1 Big Ten is Ohio State, #1 Pac-10 is Oregon. Ohio State is #1 in the BCS, Oregon is not #2. Ohio State will be in the NC, Oregon in the Rose Bowl. the Rose bowl will have first choice for picking from the at-Large candidates since their tie-in went to the NC.

look at a few years ago, Michigan and Texas in the Rose Bowl in a non-NC game. some of the time, the conference tie-ins look to remain as another team in that conference is good enough to be an 'at-large' team.(or maybe if there is another conference team high enough, they have to? not sure)

College Football 25 Team Information Spreadsheet

Last edited by Solidice; 08-05-2010 at 12:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »