Home

Do you fill up your recruiting board?

This is a discussion on Do you fill up your recruiting board? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-04-2010, 08:21 AM   #1
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
Do you fill up your recruiting board?

or leave it to say, 15 focused players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2010, 08:47 AM   #2
Rookie

MrMayface's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Do you fill up your recruiting board?

My first season I did. Even when I took some guys off, the cpu assistance would fill it back up for me. I started my new season last night and only added 22 players. I also turned off all the recruiting assistance stuff, so they wouldnt add the rest of the players to my board.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:51 AM   #3
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

I always fill it. But I only call between 15-20 people a week. Works extremely well for me.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 08-04-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
Rookie

tommy4uf's Arena

OVR: 1

Im playing my first Dynasty and am in my 6th year. I play as the Gators for my first Dynasty every year so i get good recruits and its not that hard. But at first i was recruiting all wrong. I tried to fill up my boards and only got the crappy players b/c i didnt use enough time on them. So now i load my board with 12 player that have me 1 or 2 at the beginning of the season. As i get them i add new players to my board till close to the end of the season and i try to use 60min on all the players i have left. usually like 6-7 r left. then in the offseason i only go for 10 guys that way i can use 60min on them evry week, and i usually get about 4-5 of them. so try only 12 guys. i get as many guys as i need every year. when i have a big class leave i get a big class in. the game just kinda works itself out like that for some reason
Old 08-04-2010, 12:47 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

There's a very good reason to fill it and a very good reason not to fill it.

Why to fill it:
Recruits will increase interest just by being on your board, even if you don't talk to them. (Still you should never call too many people as you'll spread your time too thinly)

Why to not fill it:
For the instant signing and X2 bonuses (as well as the unlocked pitches, but who cares about that) it could be anyone on your board (1 guy for instant commit and 3 guys for X2). If you're only calling half the guys on your board, then there's a 50% chance that when you get an instant commit opportunity, it'll be wasted because it's for a guy that you didn't talk to. Likewise for the X2 bonus, it could be wasted on guys that you don't call.

I don't fill my board. I have the guys that I'm calling ever week (obviously) and then some "2nd option" guys. If I'm losing too much ground on my 2nd choice guys, then I'll remove them from my board so I don't have a wasted X2 bonus on them. If I'm still in the running, I'll keep them on the board so I can still gain a few points, and I'll just eat a wasted X2 if it comes up.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #6
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

At the start of each season I add 20-22 players who have me 5th of higher on their list. I weed them out from there on in. I've signed about five 4-star and six 3-star recruits with ND. Texas and Ohio St. are hogging all the 5-star recruits...
Old 08-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #7
Rookie

Frank the Tank's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
There's a very good reason to fill it and a very good reason not to fill it.

Why to fill it:
Recruits will increase interest just by being on your board, even if you don't talk to them. (Still you should never call too many people as you'll spread your time too thinly)

Why to not fill it:
For the instant signing and X2 bonuses (as well as the unlocked pitches, but who cares about that) it could be anyone on your board (1 guy for instant commit and 3 guys for X2). If you're only calling half the guys on your board, then there's a 50% chance that when you get an instant commit opportunity, it'll be wasted because it's for a guy that you didn't talk to. Likewise for the X2 bonus, it could be wasted on guys that you don't call.

I don't fill my board. I have the guys that I'm calling ever week (obviously) and then some "2nd option" guys. If I'm losing too much ground on my 2nd choice guys, then I'll remove them from my board so I don't have a wasted X2 bonus on them. If I'm still in the running, I'll keep them on the board so I can still gain a few points, and I'll just eat a wasted X2 if it comes up.
Thank you for this info, I was not aware of this due to not playing with great intensity the last couple years with this recruiting system. Guess I should have come here sooner. But from what you say, it sounds like a wise strategy to drop players from the board once you realize other teams are really recruiting them heavily and you probably won't get them.

It also seems a good idea to target mostly the 15-20 guys you really want/need, with maybe a couple other guys noted so you can add them if needed. Knowing this will surely improve my recruiting efforts.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #8
Rookie

Frank the Tank's Arena

OVR: 2

BTW, is there any strategy to figuring out who is a good candidate for the instant commit? Logically you'd think it would be players who aren't getting very much attention from other teams, but probably there is more to it than just that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »