Home

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might..

This is a discussion on I Wish I May, I Wish I Might.. within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-04-2010, 12:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 12
I Wish I May, I Wish I Might..

I wish the CPU would have enough sense to use their timeout when a game is in the final 2 or so minutes so they don't have their 4th line out when they're down by a goal or two.

I wish that snapshots (just flicking the stick upwards) were more effective. They are by far the most used shot IRL. Those wide looping wristers are seldom used (IMO) with the speed of today's game. Looking at all the prolific goal scorers (Ovechkin, Semin, Crosby, Gaborik, Kovalchuk) all have wicked SNAP (NOT WRIST) shots.

On that note.. I wish there was maybe a shot speed attribute. For the reason above. Otherwise you have to turn shot power way up to make the snap shots effective from anywhere but really close in on the goalie.

I wish my players wouldn't stop skating back towards my goalie after he covers the puck (on a PK clear or something) because the game assumes there'll be a whistle.

I wish I had full control of the player I am controlling at a particular moment. Hate going to check somebody and they get rid of the puck so the CPU makes my player stop even though I would like to keep going.

I wish that when I'm on a PP players like Holmstrom and Smyth would do what they do best and go to the net. (come to think of it I wish players would go to the net anyways).

On that note.. I wish the CPU players on my team would continue driving to the net on 2on1's and such instead of stopping 2 feet from the goal so that when I center the puck it goes right by them.

I wish that goalies would stop reacting to just when the puck is being shot and react to situations (I know this will either never be in a game or be in a game in like the year 3020).

I wish that when there's a rebound in front of my goal, the CPU can't stick lift me and shoot the puck so fast that I don't have time to blink.

On that note.. I wish I there was a way (an action that the CPU does automatically maybe?) that allows my team to clear the puck into the corner when there's a scramble in front of my net that will inevitably result in the above scenario.

I wish goalies would react to the puck better when there's a PK clear (or clear in general) and the puck bounces off the endboards and they just turn and face the puck while it drifts through their legs or bounces off their skate and into the net.

I wish that when my goalie had the puck behind the net for more than a few seconds, my CPU players wouldn't automatically take a hooking or holding penalty just because opposing players are semi-near the goalie.

I wish that just because I'm using a Umbrella PP my Dman wouldn't stay in the middle of the point so that when I put the puck around the boards he stands there like he has cement shoes on.

I wish that goalie puck playing freq and speed where not tied together. Either they have solid, fast passes and come out to every close loose puck, or they have uuuuuuuuber weak useless passes if they every come out to play the puck.

Well.. I don't feel like writing anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2010, 03:29 AM   #2
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: I Wish I May, I Wish I Might..

I wish I wouldn't have read this post...

on that note... go play NHL 2K.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 08-04-2010, 05:39 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39

what's the deal with your response? he was just posting his gripes with the game, many of which a lot of people agree with?
Old 08-04-2010, 01:30 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:

Well, this just goes to show that wishes don't always come true. Thanks for reading.

On that note, I have played NHL 2K. A lot of things better but more things are worse.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:34 PM   #5
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

What does 2k have to do with anything? EA's game has plenty of issues, and all of what was typed is very valid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #6
Pro

Lordofthething's Arena

OVR: 9

His list would of taken 2 hours to read if he did a wish list for 2K
Old 08-04-2010, 03:59 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

I'll be just annoyed if BAGM is the same meanwhile they put everything into this ultimate team because it has DLC..
Old 08-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #8
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

I think those were all valid points.
No need for the harsh response.
I wish a lot of those things would be addressed.
If not all of them.
Big guys crashing the net would be perfect.
It's tough to even get a screen in the game as is.
When i had my Blues season, Tkachuk was only good for my 4th line to go with my checkers because he could crush guys, and i could only ever hope to get maybe 7 goals and a few assists out of him per season.
Then he retired in my game.
...Then he retired in real life.
Double sad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »