Home

Offseason trades and waiver claims

This is a discussion on Offseason trades and waiver claims within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-03-2010, 12:02 PM   #1
Rookie

cibo2's Arena

OVR: 5
Offseason trades and waiver claims

In the offseason, how do you make a trade? I went to the trade menu and tried to trade for RP Matt Thornton and a message popped up that said that playoff eligible players may not be traded after Aug 31. I know this is the waiver trade deadline but i thought trades can be made in the offseason. Just this past offseason the yankees traded for Curtis Granderson who I know was playoff eligible. Also, is there a pending transaction menu in the offseason like there is during the regular season where you can claim players that were DFA or released or removed from the 40 man roster?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2010, 12:40 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Offseason trades and waiver claims

If the player you are trading for was playoff eligible the previous season, you have to wait until Jan. 1 to trade for him. You'll see alot of trades between teams on Jan. 1st-3rd for bigger named players. I've seen Carlos Zambrano traded after the first season 3 times now on 3 different 'chise's on Jan. 1st. So just wait til the 1st.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
Rookie

Jeffster's Arena

Nobody ever answered cibo2's second question, and I am trying to do an offseason right now and wondering the same thing. Where is the "pending transactions" menu and how do I claim players off waivers during offseason?
Old 01-31-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

This is a great question. I have not been able to find it in this year's game. In the past, a pop up window would tell you that X player has been placed on waivers and allow you a chance to claim him. Not so this year. I have also not had a player that I put through waivers get claimed during the off season.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:28 PM   #5
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
This is a great question. I have not been able to find it in this year's game. In the past, a pop up window would tell you that X player has been placed on waivers and allow you a chance to claim him. Not so this year. I have also not had a player that I put through waivers get claimed during the off season.
I get it...but only for some players.
Strange.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2011, 04:21 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 14

You play with 30 team control. Perhaps that is why. Interesting. Quite frankly, I haven't seen anyone put on waivers during this time I would have claimed anyway.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffster
Nobody ever answered cibo2's second question, and I am trying to do an offseason right now and wondering the same thing. Where is the "pending transactions" menu and how do I claim players off waivers during offseason?
There should be a way to access it through your email (triangle button). If you receive an email saying "so-and-so team waivers" and open that email it will take you to the pending transactions page.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:39 PM   #8
Rookie

Jeffster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by csker7
There should be a way to access it through your email (triangle button). If you receive an email saying "so-and-so team waivers" and open that email it will take you to the pending transactions page.
Aha! Thank you very much!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »