Home

Wyoming Playbook!

This is a discussion on Wyoming Playbook! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-02-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9
Icon14 Wyoming Playbook!

Has anyone checked this one out yet? It has some really nice plays and some crazy formations!

Here are my audibles:
Triangle-SG: empty spread-WR IN
X-SG: Trips-Curl Post Wheel
[]-SG: Y-Slot-Y Stick
R1-SG Split slot-back cross
L1-SG: EMpty spread: Middle Slant

What do you all think?

Last edited by johntom2000; 08-02-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #2
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Wyoming Playbook!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntom2000
Has anyone checked this one out yet? It has some really nice plays and some crazy formations!

Here are my audibles:
Triangle-SG: empty spread-WR IN
X-SG: Trips-Curl Post Wheel
[]-SG: Y-Slot-Y Stick
R1-SG Split slot-back cross
L1-SG: EMpty spread: Middle Slant

What do you all think?
I've been using this playbook lately and I love it. I use the 5-Wide and Quads formations. My audibles are different than yours though... my LB audible is a Bubble Screen. Today the D was showing blitz, as in 7 or 8 man blitz, I audibled to the Bubble Screen, the D came charging in, my QB lofted it perfectly and the WR broke it for 75 yards.

Only reason I didn't score is I hit the B button to do a pre-touchdown celebration and he spun right into a DB... LOL

Great playbook though!

Old 08-02-2010, 01:10 PM   #3
Pro

ThaShark28_316's Arena

OVR: 10

It's almost the same as Mizzou's PB. Dave Christensen took his O to Wyoming...nice PB.
Horns FBall
Horns BBall
Stars
Old 08-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #4
Rookie

lexus97man's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I've been using this playbook lately and I love it. I use the 5-Wide and Quads formations. My audibles are different than yours though... my LB audible is a Bubble Screen. Today the D was showing blitz, as in 7 or 8 man blitz, I audibled to the Bubble Screen, the D came charging in, my QB lofted it perfectly and the WR broke it for 75 yards.

Only reason I didn't score is I hit the B button to do a pre-touchdown celebration and he spun right into a DB... LOL

Great playbook though!
Really?!? Gonna have to give this playbook a look after work today!
Old 08-02-2010, 02:58 PM   #5
Banned

johntom2000's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death

Great playbook though!
Ya I am tore between Houston, TT, and now Wyoming PB! All three is great playbooks. I got my Houston and Wyoming audibles saved. An taking a liking to New Mexico St. playbook!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark28_316
It's almost the same as Mizzou's PB. Dave Christensen took his O to Wyoming...nice PB.
yes it is Shark

Note: I am having fun with my RTG with Tim Couch at NMS. Learning there playbook on this mode and in practice. It just kills me that you have to choose between formations that you liked to get a playbook that you will run. Some got formations you like but, not the plays and others are the other way around.

Last edited by johntom2000; 08-02-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

In my Wyoming Dynasty, I actually switched up to the one back playbook. I liked Wyoming's when I started there, but I recruited a decent power back and some good defenders, so I went from a spread team to a 1 back team. Working out well so far.

Those bubble screens will kill a blitzing team.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:44 PM   #7
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

The 5 wide sets are excellent. Lots to do there, especially if you dink and dunk your way down the field. Bubble screens are effective against blitzes, and should be used a lot on first downs too.

The Monster has limited appeal to me, as there are only a couple of situations to use it in. Quick reads are absolutely necessary, as you're left with a heavy rush.

The Pistol is lame. I've tried just about every play and situation with it, and found that defensive pursuit always seems to better you. Only the slant route play from the pistol is worth anything, but that's because you have a wideout and a slot receiver on the identical route. Just cross the opposite TE around underneath their routes and you've got a catch.

Sure, it's a pass-heavy offense, if you feel your way through it, but you have plenty of decent receivers in the first year to compliment your style. The QB is okay, but don't get addicted to scrambling, he's not that fast. Be a pocket passer, look, and fire. Let the receivers do the work...

On defense, I love the 3-3-5 you can select prior to kickoff. The options at your disposal help keep your opponent's passing game down, although you do give up a little more against the rush between the tackles. I know it's not specific to Wyoming, but I use it when I can.

Use the empty 4 wide formation and hot route the inside slot man to a slant out. If the D doesn't blitz and you can hang in the pocket for another tick, the 3 other receivers clear out the defenders and you can usually gain 8-10 yards per pass. If the D runs a zone, you can sometimes find the next inside slot receiver on a go route inside the safety. It's easy to see. If not, and they run a man D, roll out to the wide side. If you can turn the corner, head up field. If you see a cover 2 in front of you, dump the ball over the CB's head to the slant out guy.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Good mix of pass plays would be better if it had a few more running plays..

Perfect Is Not Good Enough!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »