Home

Not Attacking The Ball

This is a discussion on Not Attacking The Ball within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Not Attacking The Ball

I get tired of watching players sit back and let the offensive do whatever.

+Run Plays: Running the ball to the outside seems a tad bit easy because LB's and S's dont attack the lanes of the ball. They seem to sit and watch or run right into a block.

I do care if they miss a tackle, i just wish that defensive players had the AI to attack the ball and not just stand there. Make you wanna throw the game in the street.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 03:16 PM   #2
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Not Attacking The Ball

The best is when linebackers in the mid zones will sit and watch the QB while he looks downfield for 40 seconds. Even though nobody on the offense is anywhere near them, they won't react to the QB sitting looking for an open target for ages unless he scrambles, and still will wait until he passes the LOS.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #3
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
The best is when linebackers in the mid zones will sit and watch the QB while he looks downfield for 40 seconds. Even though nobody on the offense is anywhere near them, they won't react to the QB sitting looking for an open target for ages unless he scrambles, and still will wait until he passes the LOS.
if they are on zone coverage this is what they should do. Otherwise a loose WR or TE could get wide open in their coverage.

What do you want them to do? blitz?
Old 08-01-2010, 03:23 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

I love how I will be playing a human and will fan my D-linemen out to stop the toss and they still get hooked, then when I try to scrape across with my linebacker they get stuck on someone's back and god forbid they move around the blocker. Also I love it when the ball is chucked down field and my DB's sit and watch the receiver catch the ball.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
if they are on zone coverage this is what they should do. Otherwise a loose WR or TE could get wide open in their coverage.

What do you want them to do? blitz?

You know when the CPU QB will just sit around for like 10 seconds, right? With that amount of time gone, and with no pass rush from your D-line on account of the godly CPU O-line, the play could be over if the LB tried to sack the QB. QB would make a bad throw most of the time anyway, so even if a loose receiver happened to get into the LB's zone, the QB would be in a tough spot to get the ball to him with someone in his face. I'd rather see that than see him sit there for 10 seconds, and then throw a stupid jump ball 67 yards down field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

I hate when I'm on defense, LBer's are notorious for letting a player get in front of them or behind them during straight man up plays and just letting them get the ball thrown to them without making any kind of an athletic move...

ie. My LB will be playing man on a TE and he'll let the TE just sit behind him on a hook, everytime the CPU decides to pass it to the TE my LB just stands there and gets Moss'd by him... Then my LB turns around extra quick and makes the tackle ..SMH..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »