Home

What do you suspect will B changed in '11?

This is a discussion on What do you suspect will B changed in '11? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
Banned

UncleMo's Arena

OVR: 6
What do you suspect will B changed in '11?

I have an opportunity to upgrade from 09 to 10 right in front of my face but am thinking of passing on it because I suspect '11 will kick '10's butt big time.

So what do YOU suspect will be changed in next year's game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: What do you suspect will B changed in '11?

I hope that they revamp Franchise Mode and RTTS. I feel that with the amount of things wrong with these modes, they can't wait another year to fix them.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
Pro

cardsfan2222's Arena

OVR: 12

Hopefully they'll spent a lot of time fixing the bugs and glitches that plagued this game. Obviously 3D is going to be a big feature next year. Hopefully they'll just make the other modes better instead of adding a lot of new features.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

hopefully some smarter All Star game selection picks. I've seen guys who get in with a .220 batting average and 20 RBI's which really irks me. Maybe change the pitching meter to the style like it is in 2k. I wasn't a fan of this until I rented 2k after my PS3 broke and I thought the pitching was pretty amazing. And get rid of Campbell and Hudler!
Old 07-28-2010, 05:51 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by padsfan92
hopefully some smarter All Star game selection picks. I've seen guys who get in with a .220 batting average and 20 RBI's which really irks me. Maybe change the pitching meter to the style like it is in 2k. I wasn't a fan of this until I rented 2k after my PS3 broke and I thought the pitching was pretty amazing. And get rid of Campbell and Hudler!
You ever use that code to shut certain announcers off ?

Pause the game and then, on the D-pad, press..

up up down down left right left up to silence Campbell
up up down down left right left right to silence Vasgersian
up up down down left right left left to silence Hudler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 07:00 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 13

SCEA better have a new pitching interface because both the meter and classic fail. They need to fix the flawed hitting engine that is based on power. Online needs to be fixed. And fix the damn out-of-position third baseman that has been around since 09.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #7
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Categories for Player Ratings - There might be new rating categories in next year's game.
Create-a-Player/Editing a Player options - More options i.e. hairstyles, color, and accessories.
Stat Tracking - Perhaps we'll finally get more information on the career stats of players.
User-interface - Maybe less windows to navigate. I can only hope that one can edit player ratings and move players in one spot when editing rosters in the main menu instead of having to edit players and then go elsewhere to change what professional ball level they are in.
Trade Logic - Much has been made about users wanting more control over trades. 11' may have something in store for users for just that purpose.

I can't guess much on gameplay. Some people have problems with the current system whle others are perfectly fine and if it changes, you'll have the same issue where some will absolutely hate the new pitching/hitting interface while others will enjoy it.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixmgs
SCEA better have a new pitching interface because both the meter and classic fail. They need to fix the flawed hitting engine that is based on power. Online needs to be fixed. And fix the damn out-of-position third baseman that has been around since 09.
How's the meter pitching a fail ? ( honestly curious )

Yea, I guess you're right about the hitting engine based on power cause I experimented and gave my RTTS player all power and not only does he hit the ball far, but he has a high average.. even though his contact is in the 50s. I'd like to see a cursor hitting system added. I know they would do it well and it would be awesome if you think about it for a sec.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »