Home

I need help picking a team.

This is a discussion on I need help picking a team. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-27-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
Banned

tomzenns's Arena

OVR: 25
I need help picking a team.

When it comes to college basketball I am a blue bleeding Duke Blue Devils fan. Have been ever since I was little, but for football, I have no favorite team. This always makes it so hard to choose a team to start a dynasty with, so I need some help. Here are some things I am looking for in my dynasty...

-I want a decent mid level team to rebuild.
-No preference in conference, I just want to be able to have a shot at the National Championship within the first 5 years of rebuilding, but a conf. championship game would be nice, not a deal breaker however.
-My GF wants me to be a team with Purple as the main color, but I have no preference.
-As for play style I like a West Coast style offence with a lot of screen passes, runs, and little 5 yard routes to set up the big play action plays. Not really too much of an option guy.

All in all, I am looking for a team that will be a good fun recruiting rebuild, in a decent conference, that can have a shot to win the NC. since NCAA 09 the closest I have come to the NC is #3 at the end of the season. I want this Dynasty to be my crowning achievement if I can pull off a NC.

What are you suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: I need help picking a team.

Arkansas? That's really the first team that poped into my mind when I read the title.

Last edited by sydrogerdavid; 07-28-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Clemson.
They have a lot of plays out of the shotgun and their HB is decent enough to keep the defense honest.
Plus they have purple as an alternate uniform option.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:41 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 7

Northwestern

Gotta keep your woman happy.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:45 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 22

Try Nevada. They already have great talent at QB, HB, and WR. And are in the Mountain West Conference (I think), same as Boise State so going 10-2 or even 11-1 shouldn't be a problem year in and year out. And it would be a fun rivalry you can build with Boise, plus you can't go wrong playing on that blue turf every other year. Nevertheless, In year one of my dynasty they wen't 12-0 before losing to Ohio State in the Rose Bowl, in OT I might add. The only thing is they are a 2* school, and most of their elite players are seniors, so you'll probably have some fun in year one, and probably even raise them to a 3* school. But after all of that talent graduates you will be left with a massive rebuilding project. Plus I think they have some purple in their uni's somewhere as well. Enjoy.

Last edited by GreenReign86; 07-27-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 09:50 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1

Teambuilder? It meets all the criteria you want.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:01 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

even though it doesn't meet the criteria...Army. I'm playing them now. Very, very frustrating, but a ton of fun. The option is tricky but when you find the plays that work, it opens up their minimal passing game. Their QB is a sophomore stud who has wheels. Their backup RBs are studs. I did terrible recruiting my first year and my OL and DL but suck, despite going 9-4 with a bowl win in year one...but this year I'm reeling in 3 stars which is huge (had mostly 1s and a couple of 2 stars in year 1) so I should be doing well from now on.

The D isn't half bad, and I schedule C/C- strength of schedules to keep from smashing my controller in the ground. Despite the weak schedules, the games are very, very competitive and thus more fun than routinely blowing out teams using a BCS school.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:18 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

I am using Colorado. Even though the color of their helmet isn't spot on late in the afterrnoon (in the shadows, their gold becomes brown)...there are times when their helmets are absolutely shimmering. 3* team, good program and you can put them in the Pac 10 if you want.

Fun team to rebuild.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »