Home

Real Life Coaches, and Record Breakers

This is a discussion on Real Life Coaches, and Record Breakers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 22
Real Life Coaches, and Record Breakers

Why doesn't NCAA use real coaches and their true to life stats? Because to my knowledge there is no rule that prohibits it. I thought that using thee true to life likeness of an indevidual, only counted for a player. Am I wrong on that? Because the coaches get payed millions for crying out loud, and they appear in quite a few TV adds as well. So you wouldn't think that they would not be allowed to be in a video game. Named coaches would be killer for a coaching carrasell feature.

As for team and NCAA records. Why don't they use the real names of the record breakers? Instead of just listing the year? If you break a record it gives the full info, player and all. And since most record breakers are no longer in the NCAA, thus no longer bound by the rules that govern it, you'd think they could at least be named in a record book.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 09:00 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Real Life Coaches, and Record Breakers

probably because they would have to pay them.

College Football 25 Team Information Spreadsheet
Old 07-27-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
Rookie

PittmanPla's Arena

OVR: 4

This is a good idea. I would think Coaches are allowed, as College Hoops had them.
As for the player records, I think they don't as some are still in school like you said.
so I don't think they could unless ALL record holders are out of school...
Old 07-27-2010, 09:04 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 22

Well, they do it for Madden, right? Plus I don't think they would have to pay someone who broke a record in 1959, in order acknowledge their feat, in the games record book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittmanPla
This is a good idea. I would think Coaches are allowed, as College Hoops had them.As for the player records, I think they don't as some are still in school like you said.so I don't think they could unless ALL record holders are out of school...

Easy solution, for those that are still in school, don't name them. Instead put their position and number, like on the generic rosters. And provide us the option of custom naming, those "un-named" record holders. I wouldn't imagen it would be that hard of an idea to implement. Or better yet, if we use custom rosters, then that player who is un-named in the record book, would automatically inherit the name given to his in game counterpart.

Last edited by GreenReign86; 07-27-2010 at 09:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »