Home

Patch imminent..?

This is a discussion on Patch imminent..? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-27-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Patch imminent..?

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1441062.page

Deserves its own thread I think, just so people are aware of this. I hope this is for real. The post seems legit enough. I kind of doubt it's coming yet today or even tomorrow though - these things take time to deliver.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Patch imminent..?

Idk if i believe it. since when has EA done something like this. i smell BS

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Old 07-27-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie16
Idk if i believe it. since when has EA done something like this. i smell BS
If you wish upon a star...
Old 07-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

COpy pasta for people not interested in clicking thru to another site:

Quote:
Just got off the phone with customer support Ryan, who was very nice and helpful.....(FYI, like most companies, EA uses a call center not associated with them for customer support, which also runs their online forums apparently)

He apologized for the problems and said that EA didn't expect the popularity of this years game. He said it far exceeded the initial players from last year, which is why there are so many online issues.

He said two that they just received a company wide email saying that the patch was due by "end of day" which means 6pm central time. The said it should fix some of the major problems such as progression.

He said, and this was just his opinion, that EA always gives a brighter forecast for the update then what usually occurs and that his guess would be that the patch would actually out between midnight and tomorrow afternoon.

He put me on hold for about ten minutes, and when he came back he said that he just spoke to the people running the forums and that they had an onslaught of activity which is why they haven't been up******. He said that the call center has received tons of calls and that the online administrators were going to give some announcement on the EA forums, and hopefully this would alleviate some of the calls that they were getting.

Anyway, I'm not saying this is rock solid, absolutely true information. Just what I was told and he sounded credible and honest.

Just wanted to pass this along so we have some idea of what to expect.

Also, from posts on the EA forum I read that Madden 08 I believe had some problem regarding progression, and it made you start a new dynasty after the patch. Again, just info and not necessarily 100 percent accurate.

Sounds good, but I'll take this all with a grain of salt. I doubt we'll see a patch for well over a week, and that will probably be when we first "hear" about a patch in the works. From that point, it takes testing, and the all important approval process from Microsoft & Sony. I hate to be pessimistic... but I'll lay an egg if I boot up my console this week and am prompted to DL an NCAA 2011 patch. The dynasty recruitment bugs didn't hit critical mass until this week... there were rumblings of it a week+ ago, but it didn't become the focus of forum discussions until the last few days. Also, the issue is deeper than just progression... It's rosters, it's ratings, it's AWR, it's roster management... they're all related to one another in some way, but can't be captured with just a single term.

Last edited by Rebel10; 07-27-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
Rookie

dshill's Arena

OVR: 3

I'd like for this to be true. But I don't think it is. The game will get patched eventually, just hopefully before I hit the offseason in my dynasty.

Build me up, buttercup, don't break my heart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
Also, the issue is deeper than just progression... It's rosters, it's ratings, it's AWR, it's roster management... they're all related to one another in some way, but can't be captured with just a single term.
Right on. I keep referring to it as the progression/recruit ratings issue, because it's all one convoluted bowl of spaghetti. Personally I think both need patching in different ways, but they have to be careful not to overdo it too.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:32 PM   #7
MattUMD224

OVR:

We didn't see a progression fix until October last year.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:35 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUMD224
We didn't see a progression fix until October last year.
I don't think the squeaky wheel was squeaking loudly enough to get greased last year. This year the issue has consumed this board, IGN, and the EA forum, and tons of people have been calling, e-mailing, and live chatting support about it. I don't know exactly how it was last year, but if anything would get their attention it was the conflagration of complaints that has been roaring the last week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »