Home

Some thoughts on FIFA 10 World Cup..

This is a discussion on Some thoughts on FIFA 10 World Cup.. within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-26-2010, 01:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Wink Some thoughts on FIFA 10 World Cup..

Hi all,

i started playing this game again and got my hands on the Fifa 10 wc for PS3. It's a much better game than the fifa 09 . Here are some of my thoughts about this game..

1) I tried doing manual passing and found it difficult in short passes (press x), the ball goes either too far or too behind my target while i know it's manual and the way i aimed the pass is not precise but come on where is the realism? Even good players can find the targets in short passes... so i think there should be a good error correction during short passes. I understand about longer passes because they need to be accurate. Because of that i had to resort to Semi.. The same goes with the Manual Through pass, they should treat shorter passes with more margin of error which means players will complete more passes accurately in short distance than with longer distances. The manual lob pass is just absolutely beautiful, it took some time for me to get used to but i think it is even far more accurate and lethal than the default assisted passing.

2) Shooting manually is just impossible. i even tried it on training ground using manual shooting and the ever slightest move on the analog stick will send the ball wide right or left. I have no idea how to use this so i had to resort to semi. Also, Assisted shooting is no good as it is sometimes too random, Eto or Toores could miss finesse shots when in the 6 yard line with no pressure?!?!?! Come on!

3) This is probably a bug... but when i chose Mexican Spanish or French the commentary's sound is so much softer than the default English. At first i thought it was my sound settings but everything was set the same.

Other than the above, this game is very enjoyable i just hope Fifa 11 is much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Some thoughts on FIFA 10 World Cup..

1) Speed of your player, movement, and direction he is facing all contribute to accuracy with manual pass.

2) Shooting manually uses the same things as all of the manual passing. Not sprinting, facing the goal, and having the ball on your best foot will give you a better chance.

3) I can't help you on the commentary problem, it is most likely just the speaker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »