Home

Question about Madden 10 Kickers

This is a discussion on Question about Madden 10 Kickers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-25-2010, 08:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Question about Madden 10 Kickers

ok I play with the Washington Redskins, and their kicker in the game is Shaun Suisham. I joined an online franchise, dropped him as my kicker and picked up free agent kicker Matt Stover which was rated like a 82.

Now I got him hoping he would be better then Suisham but both kickers have about the same kicking range. For instance, their longest FG would be 40 yards, and thats even pushing it. So in hindsight, I have to get all the way to the 23 yard line before attempting a FG. So the league I'm in we play by SIM rules. Meaning you can't go for it on 4th down unless you're down and its late in the game and whatnot.

So if I'm on a drive, I go all the way to my opponents 32 yard line... I have to PUNT THE BALL on 4th down. There's no way these guys can make a 49 yard field goal.

Is it just me or does anyone think they short legged alot of kickers in this game to where it's unreal. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 08:41 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Question about Madden 10 Kickers

im all for sim leagues but mine usually allow you to go for it on 4th down in realistic situations, your league has crap rules, and also you can hit a 45-50 yarder with stover and suisham easily.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 21

I really think you've just got a couple of bad kickers there to work with...

I find the opposite of your theory to be true, and in Madden 10 the FGs were way too easy to bomb from 55 yds. I believe this was part of the motivation to rework the kicking mechanic for Madden 11.

• PSN ID: MaddenDew
Old 07-25-2010, 10:33 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

You have to move the aiming arrow to it's lowest point to hit your maximum field goal range (or so I have found). I used to be in a similar situation to you, but if you aim at the lowest trajectory you can hit anything 50-55 comfortably.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »