Home

Toughest Loss Ever!!!!

This is a discussion on Toughest Loss Ever!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-24-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 22
Toughest Loss Ever!!!!

So I'm playing in my (32 player) online franchise as the Saints against the Panthers in the NFC Championship game. It's a back and forth slugfest. I was down 17-14, when, immediately after the two minute warning I break off a 42 yard TD run with Jelani Okoye, who beasted all game to the tune of 24 carries for 196 yards, and 2 TD's. Then he gets the ball back, he is only able to drive it to his own 40 yard line before he stalls and turns it over on downs with 35 seconds left. Then after seemingly having the game in the bag, and him out of timeouts, I foolishly decide to run a dive play with Okoye instead of kneeing it. Then much to my horror Okoye fumbles it, nevertheless Thomas Davis scoops it up, and walks it into the EZ with hardly any time on the clock to win the game 24-21. I felt like jumping off the nearest bridge after that game.

So discuss some of your heart breaking losses. As well as, the names of some therapists you might know.

Last edited by GreenReign86; 07-24-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Toughest Loss Ever!!!!

This goes back a ways Madden 96 Playing as the Cleveland Browns and I lost my starting QB for the season and still made the Super Bowl with my backup QB and 3rd string QB having to start a game as well. I am winning the Super Bowl 35-30 with :10 left Iet my 3rd string QB throw a screen pass and I throw an INT that is returned for a TD final score 35-37 andI lose teh Super Bowl on a stupid play that I should have never made in the 1st place.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I totally feel for the OP. well heres mine, so back in madden 09 when they had the rewind feature (LOL) me and my bro-in law went to go pick the game at midnight and we usually come & go to my house and play a game, so i was the bears i frgt what team he was i was up by 3 points with i think 30 some secs left and i throw a screen to hester which didint get anywhere but then i could've just let the clock go and frgt about it for some reason i replayed it to see how the feature worked,(never touched the stupid thing after this) so i throw the screen again and to my surprise it gets picked and returned for a TD and i couldn't come back pretty heartbreaking. We have a mini rivalry that made it worse it still haunts me!
Old 07-24-2010, 11:09 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 16

I played a game awhile back where i threw a pick in a online dynasty with less then 10 sec left and down by 3. He decided to run the ball and Pace made him fumble and i danced my way to the endzone for the win.

2K sports...the only place where such things as errors can be "over looked" while making a baseball game.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:44 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 22

I think they still have the rewind feature. Don't ask me how I know that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2010, 12:01 AM   #6
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7

My biggest heart-breaker was on Madden 03.

Me and my best friend ran a Franchise with the Packers for like 15 seasons during our senior year of HS. It was on the PC and we had those tight logitech controllers. We were playing the game on All-Madden and we have a home game against the Rams. We end up running the ball very well with Jamaal Anderson who we had to sign because our starting RB (Ahman Green) got hurt before the playoffs. In the second half we are up 13 to 6 and score a TD. So its 19 to 6 and we decide to go for 2 to end them. Well we miss the 2 point conversion and the Rams come back to make it 19-13. They stop us with only 4 seconds left in the game and Warner fires a 60 yard hail mary for the win with the XP. We felt SICK! I couldn't believe that! Needless to say, we never lost another game for the rest of the time we played it.

We loved that game! I think we had traded for David Boston to go with Donald Driver and Terry Glenn. It was TIGHT!
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Old 07-25-2010, 12:11 AM   #7
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

I have 2 of them.

The first one is essentially identical to yours. Playing a friend at school (forget the teams), and I'm up by like 4, with the ball, and like :05 left. I decide to run instead of kneeling, cough it up, and he runs it back. I lose.

The other time was back in the day, I think on Madden 2003. I'm the Pack (of course) playing vs the Tennessee Titans in the Super Bowl of my franchise. I'm down by like 2 with 30 seconds left, no TO's. Run two deep outs, get OB, and Im to midfield. Next play, :10 left, run a deep corner to Bubba Franks. He catches at the 30 and is tackled out of bounds with like :04 left. Awesome! I'm in FG range! BUT THE CLOCK DOESN'T StOP! Apparently the refs ruled he didn't get out on his own power so I end up losing the SB. Oh well.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:05 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Im playing Killa J in my online franchise and Im undefeated trying to keep pace with someone in my conference. The entire first half goes my way as I score 31 easy point compared to his 9. The 3rd quarter I run clock and no one scores. The 4th quarter begins with MJD fumbling and my opponent returns it for a TD. Then on the drive I throw a quick slant to James Jones who also fumbles the ball. My opponent recovers it again on my 30 and throws a screen to Chris Johnson who I had shut down all game and in a gang tackle with no momentum he breaks free for a TD. The score is now 31-25. On the kickoff I have Troy Williamson and Im covering the ball just trying to get tackled and run out only 2:30 left on the clock. Williamson starts breaking tackles for no reason and while Im covering up the ball fumbles on a non hitstick or strip. He then breaks a sack on the next play throw the ball up to a no name receiver who catches the ball and the 10 yard line, I hitstick him, he fumbles and Chris Johnson picks it up and runs it for a TD.

He goes for two and gets it on a toss with CJ2K. I work the ball to the 50 just trying to get a FG. Theres only 40 seconds left and I still have all 3 timeouts. On the next play we throw a pass to James Jones who drops the ball and gets picked by Nhamdi. Then he runs the clock and wins... Most ridiculous 4th quarter I've ever played.

There was another game where I drove all the way to the 1 yard line and couldnt call hurry up because the refs wanted to discuss whether it was a TD or not and the clock ran out. I had 11 seocnds left but then I had to pick whatever play was first on the playcalling thing and of course it was a motion play which caused me to lose the game. They need to take the refs and chain gang cut scenes out the game. Not only is it annoying but it alters games at important times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »