Home

How do YOU beat man 2 man press coverage online?

This is a discussion on How do YOU beat man 2 man press coverage online? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-24-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do YOU beat man 2 man press coverage online?

I am finding myself taking a lot of sack fumbles waiting for WR to break open on man cov. Why are CBs running the routes better than my WRs? I take 5 step drop and try and hit WRs breaking on an in route or post route with perfect timing and magically the CB has jumped the route.

My question here is how do you guys rack up passing yards, specifically in online play? Are you passing into this tight coverage? The running game is fine, but passing game seems broken to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: How do YOU beat man 2 man press coverage online?

1. Drag routes
2. Tight End slants. Actually, tight ends in general are good against man.
3. Halfback passes out of the backfield. The guy assigned to cover him is usually far away initially giving you space to pick up a consistent 4+ yards.
4. Crossing routes

Thats what I have most success with.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
Rookie

CrossTown's Arena

OVR: 1

Pump fakes help. You can find guys wide open fairly often after a pump fake. Tights ends and running backs in the flat are good targets too as people have mentioned.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Don't be afraid to use your verticals out of bunch formations. Seattle out of singleback bunch is a good one. No press can hold up out of that play.

I Formation close twins where two receivers are on the same side and bunched close to each other. They are going to get contacted when the ball is snapped, but depending on the route, it'll be tough for the defenders to run with them, especially if the routes cross one another. Drive is a good combination to run out of this. The receiver running the drag route will be wide open if it's man coverage.

Also, Singleback Slot Flex where the slot receiver is on the line of scrimmage and the receiver to that side it off the line. You can motion the wide guy that's off the line, when he gets to the slot, hike the ball. You'll set a natural pick and one receiver will come free wide open. In fact, this is effective out of just about any formation where you have a slot flexed up on the line of scrimmage.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:43 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 55

I use routes where WR's cross somewhere to create separation. I also use double moves. You can use slants and just watch who gets off their man. The play "stick and nod" is made for this. Another play, "Destroy" out of Ace Bunch is made to break 2 man press. Another approach is to run with your QB or run the ball, period. Draw plays can be really good in passing situations.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »