Home

Street Fighter X Tekken (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Street Fighter X Tekken (360/PS3) within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53
Street Fighter X Tekken (360/PS3)

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/j...omic-con-2010/

Here's the official press release.

Quote:
SAN DIEGO, CA — July 24, 2010 — Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games today announced that Street Fighter X Tekken is in development for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®. The title will make history as fighters from these two bastions of the fighting genre come together for the very first time.

Utilizing the same technology that powered Street FighterTM IV & Super Street FighterTM IV, TekkenTM characters such as Kazuya Mishima and Nina Williams will make the transition into the Street FighterTM universe having been re-imagined using the much-loved art style of these seminal titles; while retaining their unique characteristics and signature moves as they go head-to-head with classic brawlers from the Street Fighter franchise in what promises to be the ultimate match up.

As in Street Fighter IV, 2D gameplay will feature fully realized 3D character models battling for domination in both new and familiar highly detailed environments that are brought to life with engaging animations. In addition to modes such as Versus and Training that will feature new enhancements to make the fighting experience more in-depth and enjoyable, Street Fighter X Tekken will include Tag Team combat where players select two fighters to deliver knockout assist attacks and special combos.

The announcement, which took place at Comic-Con in San Diego in front of thousands of Street Fighter fans, was made by the Producer of Street Fighter X Tekken, Yoshinori Ono, and Tekken series Director, Katsuhiro Harada. Commenting on the origins of this project Yoshinori Ono said: “This is history we're making. Two fighting games that have rivalled each other are finally standing on the same stage. This isn't just a showdown between Tekken and Street Fighter, but a decisive battle for Capcom and Namco Bandai Games. So I'm going to give it my all.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.

Last edited by eDotd; 07-24-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 04:08 PM   #2
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Street Fighter vs Tekken (360/PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic
interesting. I'm glad it's 2D because I've always preferred 2D fighters. I know some people thought this announcement was going to be Capcom vs. Namco. I'll be interested to see how the Tekken fighters transfer from 3D to 2D.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

Apparently Namco will be working on a 3D version dubbed "Tekken vs Street Fighter". I was going to add it to this thread but it seems they'll be two completely different games.

Quote:
Also, Namco will be developing Tekken vs. Street Fighter, a different game with Namco developers heading the project.
To many fighting games! My sports gaming is taking a major hit.

Quote:
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Old 07-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-24-2010, 04:49 PM   #5
MVP

Trevelyan's Arena

OVR: 5

Its cools that they're making 2 versions, one each for the fans of each fighting game style.

Not to derail the topic, but I was also excited about the 3rd Strike Online announcement. Thats my all time favorite fighting game, can't wait to play it on XBLA(I'm assuming).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2010, 05:06 PM   #6
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-24-2010, 05:09 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Hmmmm. Interesting. Do you have to buy two seperate games for the two fighting perspectives?

EDIT: Oops nevermind, I see that you do.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 07-24-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #8
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

You'll always have the hardcore fans who'll come in and say "Tekken isn't Tekken if it's not 3D". Utilizing both each games' engine appeases both crowds.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by eDotd; 07-24-2010 at 06:18 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »