Home

Madden NFL 11 Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Demo Roundtable within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 11 Demo Roundtable

Both Chris and Christian got to play the Madden demo just a little bit early and sat down to talk through the demo and what they thought. Discussions centered around likes, dislikes, thoughts on the new commentary team and where we see Madden going this season. Check out their thoughts after the jump.

Read More - Madden NFL 11 Demo Roundtable
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 12:20 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Man, not looking to good. Guess I'll have to get my hands on it though before I make my decision on whether to buy it or not.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #3
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
So glad you guys posted this! I was getting tempted again to buy this but knowing that its still the same stale Madden, I'm skipping!

Roll on FIFA and NBA 2K10!
Old 07-23-2010, 12:32 PM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Madden NFL 11 Demo Roundtable

Hmm something tells me D is not going to be all that good again this year. I'm just having a hard time figuring out why they have been avoiding working the D side of the ball for over 3 years now. But this is a demo and it sounds if the demo is solid right now. We don't know what the final version will look like and feel like. But thanks for the impressions guys. I still can't wait to try the demo myself next week.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:48 PM   #5
Banned

I appreciate their honesty. Sounds like they have conflicting opinions on Gameflow, but it appears based on Christian's impression:

"if you are a veteran of the series, I have a feeling you are going to hate the amount of control that the feature takes out of your hands -- even if you decide to implement a gameplan. "

...that it supports the idea of catering to the noob crowd. I'll be turning it off myself, if only because I want to act as my own coordinator regardless of whether the playbook contains 500 or 5 plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2010, 12:50 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
I appreciate their honesty. Sounds like they have conflicting opinions on Gameflow, but it appears based on Christian's impression:

"if you are a veteran of the series, I have a feeling you are going to hate the amount of control that the feature takes out of your hands -- even if you decide to implement a gameplan. "

...that it supports the idea of catering to the noob crowd. I'll be turning it off myself, if only because I want to act as my own coordinator regardless of whether the playbook contains 500 or 5 plays.
While putting it at convential for yourself isn't a bad idea at all....it still is great addittion to gameplan for other teams so teams won't blitz tons every single play like Madden 10. I am hoping here on OS, we will make a thread and we will create each team's gameplan to represent that team the best, kind of like we did in NBA 2K10 with playbooks.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:54 PM   #7
MVP

I thought the pass rush would be fixed by now....
Old 07-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Seems like the demo isn't all that great, but really that's fine with me. The demo for NCAA wasn't that phenomenal either. As long as the actual game is good, I'll be happy. Honestly, there's not a lot they could do to make me hate the game anyways. I do have a feeling I won't care for gameflow, but like they mentioned, it's an option you can turn off which is nice. I'm definitely ready to get my hands on the new rosters and start building my franchise into a powerhouse like they're working towards in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »