Home

New to 2k (PC), Help requested

This is a discussion on New to 2k (PC), Help requested within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-19-2010, 11:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
New to 2k (PC), Help requested

Let me just get this out of the way first. I'm a huge fan of the Show, and I don't mean to start any kind of war between the two games. Everyone has their own preferences and opinions.

I've had baseball fever pretty bad lately despite my team being in a bit of a cold spell lately, so I've been spending a ton of time with The Show. I'm in the National Guard and have my two week training coming up, and since I broke my PSP, I decided I needed another alternative for baseball gaming on the go.

I picked up MLB 2k10 tonight and an Xbox 360 controller, and both are installed and running beautifully on my laptop. I also got the 1.1 patch installed and played a game on Rookie (to get used to the controls) and won. It's definitely not The Show, but there's a lot of good things to be said about the game. However, I have a few questions, if anyone can help.

• I can't figure out how to steal bases. The manual says to hold the Left trigger, but this doesn't seem to work. Neither does using the bumper, which is supposed to move all runners.
  • While moving multiple runners, how do you select a specific one to move?
  • The menus are so confusing. I can't figure out how to load custom rosters and such. On that matter, are there any start-of-season full minors and such rosters around like Knight's?
  • I LOVE the data that pops up on screen, but it seems to flash by so quickly, there's not much time to read it. The game in general just moves so quickly. Any way to adjust the speed of the game?
  • Edit: What is Batter's Eye? How do you use it, and does it make the game more difficult or easier?
I'm sure I'll have a bunch more questions once I really get into the game, but I do like it from what I've seen so far. I guess I just need to adjust from what I'm used to.

Last edited by slick_j_2002; 07-19-2010 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Additional Question
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New to 2k (PC), Help requested

Hold LT for one person or LB for all players. You usually can get a three step lead (press LT/LB 3 times) before the CPU will automatically throw to that base (doesn't mean you have to or can). For example, on first, I press LT twice then hold LT again for my 3rd step lead. I then let go to start running, usually once the pitcher starts his stretch. There is a stealing trick which I do not know of off the top of my head.

For menus, RS to bring it up then move around (just saying to say it). For loading you go to Options>Load/Save>Load. There are some rosters here and there. Check mvpmods or moddingway. I "try" to update my rosters because I can't find any new ones (post all-star rosters).

I don't think you can make those data appear slower but there are of course sliders for in-game speeds (ball speed, fielder or running). Not much help there

I've never used or even attempted to try Batter's Eye. Not much I can say about that
Old 07-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for the info. I played around with it a bit and the menus don't seem as bad now. I even managed to "steal" a few times, although in every case it just ended up with me taking off too early and getting caught in a rundown.

Thanks for the site recommendations. I browsed mvpmods last night, and the whole modding thing is a bit confusing, but I'll work with it.

I'm even getting used to the quick pace of the game, so that's not so much an issue anymore even. One more question, though.

If I have two controllers, can I play with another person same-screen? I'd like to be able to take on challengers coming up next week, and there'll be no internet there, so I'm hoping.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah man, don't let off of the Trigger until you're ready to take off (right when the pitcher starts his pitch). I'm not sure what conroller you're using, but if you have a nice one like the USB 360 controller, you can even let out a little bit on the trigger while you hold it so you get an even faster jump. If you're It helps to try running on pitchers with slow movement to the plate.

Last edited by jeffy777; 07-20-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #5
Banned

Hey, thanks for your time to fight for my freedom!
This one is updated to this season, I don't know if it has no fake players in it because I have 2k9.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app...&showfile=5966
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »