Home

20 minute wait time and deleting temporary files

This is a discussion on 20 minute wait time and deleting temporary files within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-16-2010, 12:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
20 minute wait time and deleting temporary files

Me and my buddies have an online dynasty going and I was wondering 2 things why in the off-season do you have to wait 20 minutes after every week?????I do not see one reason for this once so ever. And another thing is that when you advance the week the last thing is deleting temporary files and this process takes forever, is it the EA servers (thought it was my internet connection but transferred commish responsibilities to my friend and same thing happened), we have been having to go to the dashboard and re-enter the game which is a pain. Any suggestions would be appreciated THANKS
GO BUCKS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 12:09 AM   #2
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: 20 minute wait time and deleting temporary files

Quote:
Originally Posted by brancode
Me and my buddies have an online dynasty going and I was wondering 2 things why in the off-season do you have to wait 20 minutes after every week?????I do not see one reason for this once so ever. And another thing is that when you advance the week the last thing is deleting temporary files and this process takes forever, is it the EA servers (thought it was my internet connection but transferred commish responsibilities to my friend and same thing happened), we have been having to go to the dashboard and re-enter the game which is a pain. Any suggestions would be appreciated THANKS
GO BUCKS
It's the load on the back end. Once again EA was not prepared for opening week server load.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:20 AM   #3
Rookie

texasfight09's Arena

OVR: 2

Yeah the 20 minutes is killing me. It gooing to take me two weeks to get past this offseason lol
Dallas Cowboys
Old 07-16-2010, 12:29 AM   #4
Rookie

blazinsmokey's Arena

!

Yea, I'm starting think that the benefit of doing my recruiting and things via web isn't worth the time it takes to delete temporary files and this reconnect and trying to reupload my dynasty info.

PLEASE FIX THIS EA!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:19 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

This SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2010, 01:24 AM   #6
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: !

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinsmokey
Yea, I'm starting think that the benefit of doing my recruiting and things via web isn't worth the time it takes to delete temporary files and this reconnect and trying to reupload my dynasty info.

PLEASE FIX THIS EA!
Seems to be ok now. I am sure it's a server load issue. They tend to get these straightened out. Still annoying.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:24 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

i dont even wait for it to finish deleting temp files, i just go back to my dash, it still uploads the dynasty.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:50 AM   #8
Rookie

blazinsmokey's Arena

I can confirm it still uploads and plays fine after I decided to quit, even though there's a warning saying that all data not saved or whatever will be lost.

To make things clear, mine would update everything get to the "Finalizing Update" and then take a **** on me. Took me 3 reconnects then I finally get to the last part "Deleting Temporary Files". This failed +5 times, reconnect and try deleting again, so I eventually said screw it. Pressed on exit dynasty and then out of curiosity I went back in and everything seemed ok, it's at the next week.

Freaking wasted my whole night. Only got 3 games in. (shakes fist)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »