Home

Buying or Skipping Madden 11?

This is a discussion on Buying or Skipping Madden 11? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Are you buying Madden 11?
Heck yea I'm buying it 241 27.93%
Undecided, will wait and see some early impressions 267 30.94%
Nope, not gonna touch it this year. 355 41.14%
Voters: 863. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2010, 08:23 AM   #1
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Buying or Skipping Madden 11?

I realize I may be in the minority here, but figured I'd put it to OS in a poll to see where the community stands. With Madden 11 about a month away (and NCAA officially out) are you planning on buying Madden 11? What made you decide to buy/not buy?

I'm not purchasing it this year based solely on the fact that Franchise mode received zero attention for this release. As an offline franchise only guy, I have no incentive to picking up this game. It may look a bit prettier, run a bit smoother and offer some other slight upgrades, but the bulk of my gametime goes to playing and re-building my Tampa Bay Bucs and if offline franchise hasn't changed in any way, no reason to plop another $60 bucks down.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Buying or Skipping Madden 11?

I pretty much love madden straight up. I've played madden for 20 years now. No certain reason I would stop now. I'm looking forward to madden in less then 4 weeks from now.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

I'm the Madden guy, if I dont have Madden the day it comes out I don't play anything. Id buy the demo if they put a small price on it. But My cousin works at gamestop so I'll get it for around free (after I trade 2 games in and MAdden 10 and the 15 I used to pre-order it) discount pretty much takes tax off on new games 25% on used games. . . OH REMINDER DO NOT GET IT USED IF YOU WANNA PLAY ONLINE

Last edited by GoEagles614; 07-13-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:02 AM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

No need for me to plop $60.00 either.

I will take advantage of the $40 trade-in at Gamestop.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:10 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'll be skipping this year NCAA 11 looks to good. And the Dynasty, OD and TB features will keep me alot more occupied. I'll buy NCAA 11, download rosters, crack open a Monster and go to work with Eastern Michigan (for those who dont know, Eastern Michigan is considered the worst team in the nation).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2010, 11:25 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles931
I'll be skipping this year NCAA 11 looks to good. And the Dynasty, OD and TB features will keep me alot more occupied. I'll buy NCAA 11, download rosters, crack open a Monster and go to work with Eastern Michigan (for those who dont know, Eastern Michigan is considered the worst team in the nation).
Or you could trade 2 game in and get both football games for around 85 bucks! Who doesn't wanna play with the Eagles this year, honestly
Old 07-13-2010, 11:46 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 28

I can't justify spending 60 dollars on Madden. I may pick it up used later in the year when it's cheaper. It's just too hard for me to spend that on it because I don't see the effort that we should/could see. Has it improved? It has, and it looks like it plays pretty decent. However, I can't justify it when I see how much better APF plays on the field, so I will continue to play that. Online franchise was not improved, no innovation took place with pro-tak, players still bouncing off the piles, challenge system untouched, still moonwalking QB, penalties weren't added... The list of the same old things that take the life out of Madden for me is just too big.

That being said, I will wait until I read some credible reviews (and I emphasize credible) before I make a final decision. Regardless, I won't be buying it new.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:56 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25

Aside from NFL teams...Madden isnt offering me anything more (less actually) than NCAA11....

I dont need it this year....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »